Chapter V: Kissing comes First?!

I watched the video carefully playing on the screen and noted important points in my book. The subject is my favorite one. Medical science dealing with the human body intrigues me. The way the machine detects abnormalities in the human body seems astonishing.

"Dude, that Compton scattering ___" Aj whispered beside me but I shushed her. Then concentrates back on the lecture.

The ringing of the bell signals the end of the class. We hit off to the library as soon as the lectures end with the lecturer giving us assignments about the topic discussed today. It was our last lecture for the day.

Aj and I took our seats and went to search the books. We also connected our mobile to Wi-Fi as all the books weren't available. Our library looks like it was built in the Mughal era. Also, you won't find anything on time when you need it.

We divided the parts and started to write down the points.

I put the pen down, stretched my hands once I was done with my part. I glanced at Aj, who was frowning over something written in the book. I was about to ask her when she looked up from her notes. "Photons interact with particles and that energy absorption is attenuation. Right?!"

I nodded, "hmm. Absorption or scattering is called attenuation."

"Okeee." She grinned, triumphantly. After that she began writing but stopped, looking up. Raising a brow at me, she asks, "You done?!"

I nodded, silently. Because it's the library we are sitting at.

I stood up and went to find an interesting book to pass the time. Taking out this book off the rack I came face to face with Kanan Ojha through the gap. Nothing came to my mind except to close that gap. So, I did the most expected thing. I placed the book back in its place and ran off to hide between the old racks of the library.

It all made no sense cause I knew that he saw me.

Peeking through the little gaps, I saw Kanan Ojha exploring the library. No genius needs to tell who he was looking for.

I slid down across the rack, sat down on the floor. One leg bent, the other one stretched out. What was I thinking when I ran out on him?! That he'll never find me. Slamming my head repeatedly on my knee won't make any difference. Still I did it a few times.

Taking a deep breath, I opened my eyes, just to come face to face with another nightmare. The expressions on his face were screaming that he had witnessed my drama. Not just witnessed, he totally had enjoyed it.

And I had this urge to ask if it was "paisa vasool performance" and kick him at his precious jewels.

Instead, I stood up, started rummaging through the racks, ignoring Gashmir. My breath hitched as I felt his breath on my neck. My grip tightened on the book on the rack as I gulped. What the heck was he thinking.

I moved aside a little after I heard him ask, "Whom are we hiding from?!"

"Hiding?!" I pretend to not understand what he was talking about. "I was searching for books here. Why would___" I fake gasped, my hand over my mouth, eyes as wide as owls.

"What have you done, Gashmir?! Don't tell me you've done something terrible that you're hiding in the library. God that must be really shameful." I whispered, shaking my head.

Way to turn the events, Keya Reddy, I patted myself mentally. Well___ what can I say I've mastered that.

My face fell when I saw Gashmir have that arrogant smirk plastered over his face. Why I'm smelling some narcissism here.