Chapter III: Be aware of your Surroundings

Keya's POV:

I jolted awake from my slumber when my friend decided to burst in my room. Who looked quite furious. And furious AJ isn't good at all.

The only thing that came to my mind was Diya must have left the door open. There was no way, I slept leaving my room's door open.

Because of that I've to deal with fuming Aj.

Adhira Johal, my best friend, is a very calm person. Almost all the time. Today's exception as she was fuming. However, she won't be for a long time. We can't be angry with each other for more than half a minute or was it second. 

Last time we fought over who's the best among Divine and Emiway bantai. I voted for Divine and she, for Emiway Bantai. We chose the best of their rap and had a competition. We sang our lungs out and forgot why we even started it in the first place. We totally had fun that day. That was the longest fight we had.

Rubbing my eyes, I get out of my bed. Walking to my cupboard, I took out my necessities. I turned only to find AJ standing in the same place with knitted brows and hands crossed over her chest.

Was she angry?!

Taking a glance at the table clock in my room, I accused, "You’re early?!" 

It's still six in the morning. I could still sleep for a full two hours. Aj knows how much I love to sleep yet she did that. Came to my room and disturbed me.  If anyone should get angry. It's me.

Am I being a terrible friend, right now?!

Though, seriously!! What's wrong with her?!

Glaring at my best friend, I was about to accuse her again only to be cut off by the said person.

"Where were you, yesterday?!" She asked calmly. Although, her demeanor was anything but calm.

Aah!! So, it's all about yesterday. 

All the events from yesterday came rushing back to my mind. Mainly what the old man gave me.

After I had my breakfast I was told that Gashmir's grandpa was waiting for me. First nerve wrecking thing. When I went to see him, who was waiting for me in his study. Alone. That was the second nerve wrecking thing. After welcoming me in, we waited in silence for about ten minutes. The silence was eating me alive. I thought we were waiting for Gashmir. But I was wrong. Third nerve wrecking thing for me. 

I started sweating like I was in the Sahara desert. But I was in the home library, alone, with Jyotiraditya Shenoy. For God’s sake, I know that old man would be holding a grudge against me and would end me there and then.

Otherwise, what does he have to do with me?!

After a few more minutes that old man took out a box from the drawer. I was gawking at the box. It could be anything wrapped inside the box. A Gun?! A knife?! A bomb?!

Clearing of throat, brought me back from my dangerously scary thoughts. I blinked several times as I stuttered, "what's that?!"

"It's yours." Gashmir's grandpa said, hesitantly. Was there really dangerous weapons inside?! I always had my doubts on the old man.

I looked up from the box to the old man in front. His expressions were nothing but___ pitying?! It was the first time I saw something like worry and sadness in those old eyes.

Why was he being hesitant about the box if it's mine. Did he not want to give me?! He can keep if he wants.

"Do you want to keep it?!" I don't even know why I would say that. Maybe because he is old and he likes that thing. And maybe by doing so I can get into his good books. It has nothing to do with my nerves this time. I swear.