Chapter I "Karma is a Bitch"

"What?" I snapped answering my phone, without checking the caller ID. Whoever it is, take that. Who does even calls at this hour. It's past two in the night. In the morning whatever preffered.

"Cut the attitude and get down in five minutes. I'm waiting__" Pressing the red button on my mobile, I end the flailing nonsense coming out of my mobile.

I didn't need to double check whoever it was spewing utter shit on the other side. Treating me as if I'm there pet. No. I'm nowhere near a pet. Cause I'm that bastard's wife. Or may I say secret wife.

Mobile ringed again.

Huffing, I picked it up, slide the green button over the screen and before he get the chance to speak, I started with sickeningly sweet voice, " baby, you know how to get me down there, don't you."

I'm not an evil, nonetheless the person on the other side is.

It has been almost eighteen months since we got married and kept it a secret. Our marriage was held in a hospital room. With my grandpa on the death bed. Yeah, heard that right.

I heard a sharp intake of breath on the other side of mobile and held my laugh.

"I'm waiting." I singed into the mobile.

Hmm. I was saying that I got a call from the hospital about my grandpa being hospitalized. I rushed to the hospital in my college uniform without seeing the need to change it. I was too scared to waste a second. My grandpa was my most closest and favourite person in this whole universe.

"Look__" I cut him off. First, I hate when someone interrupts my story telling. And second, I have had enough of him. My sleep is more important than this. So he has to beg or I'm going to bed. "ok. Goodnight Mr. Shenoy__" I said and waited.

God, he is so annoying. His name should be Annoy instead of Shenoy.

No. I didn't end the call this time. Cause I know he would be coming around within a minutes or two. Until that I'll continue my story.

After reaching the hospital, I realized my whole family was there too. My heart broke after I learned that daddu's condition wasn't good. His heart wasn't functioning properly. Due to his old age, operation won't do any good to him. He needed a heart transplant. For which daddu denied. According to him he had lived his life and it was his time to join his beloved wife that was my late granny.

Ofcourse nobody listened to the old man. Doctors start looking for suitable donor. Which took them whole two days. In-between those two days daddu's condition worsened more.

I didn't get the chance to wail on it. Cause the next second daddu shared his last wish with me, which almost cause me a heart attack. However, I hold myself. Don't wanna worry daddu more.

Me getting married to his best friend's grandson. And like a fool I'm, I agreed. I didn't had power to deny my dying daddu's wish.

However, what I didn't imagine in my wildest dream was getting married in a hospital room in my college uniform (I didn't think about changing it until now) to this captivating person. Who also was in his college uniform too, same as mine.

I thought that would give some hope to grandpa to live. But I was wrong. On the day of his transplant, on the operation bed he took his last breath. I cried, a lot, for my dead grandpa and for myself. For the decision I made for the person who wasn't alive anymore. Who left me married to this stranger who was drilling imaginary holes in my body since I agreed to my now late daddu's wish.

"Please, Keya. I'm waiting for you at the back of your hostel." He gritted into the mobile. And I couldn't control my laugh anymore. I burst out laughing, "see? It wasn't hard."