Chapter XXVII: Equation gone Wrong

I couldn't concentrate on my studies. Not because my life was in turmoil. I mean, when it wasn't. But because my father, Armaan Jha was continually bombarding my phone with his calls. Every fifteen minutes. Sometimes the phone would start ringing as soon as I put it down. And I got sick of answering every second to him.

He went back on the condition that I would answer him whenever he called and as a fool I agreed. But I didn't think he would call me every fifteen minutes.

The blaring phone wants me to throw it out of this window. I kept glaring at it as it rang. I begrudgingly answered as the song was about to end. Because I think if I don't he will catch the next flight and will fly over here. Who knows he might be on his way.

"What happened?! What took you so long to answer a call?! I thought something went wrong," Worried, he asked. Such a dramatic father. Something wrong?! In just fifteen minutes. Gad!

"Oh! Maybe because I was in the bathroom. Has it ever crossed your mind?!" I replied, bored, as I rolled my eyes. Though he can't see me, I find it necessary.

I heard a woman's laugh. Had he put this call on the speaker. Well, I don't care if anybody hears me. "Stop disturbing her every fifteen minutes, Armaan." I took a sigh of relief as I heard Ahana Jha try to put some sense in him.

But she can only try. As I knew he wouldn't be listening. "ugh! Can't a father call his daughter," I heard shuffling on the other side. Also hear Ahana Jha saying like he needs to relax.

"No one will disturb me here," I listened to him mumbling as he shut the door to a room. Yup, he moved away from his wife to talk to me.

I am touched. "So tell me what you did since your last call, Keya?!"

I groaned yet again. Is he serious?!

☆☆☆

"You are hiding something," it wasn't a question. Also, there's nothing surprising to hear from her. Afterall, Aj is my smarty pants.

I nodded wordlessly, staring ahead. The shade sun has spread all over the sky while it sets is sublime. One of the most pleasurable sights our eyes could afford without a cost. Delighting, isn't it.

"How do you know?!" I whisper, afraid that if I speak louder than this, I would lose the calmness within.

Still blessing the sight infront, I watch from the corner of my eyes, Aj shrugged without turning, "don't know if you have noticed, you interact less when you hide something."

Told ya, one smarty pants I got.

I hummed but didn't deny. And she didn't question further. As we silently embrace the serenity of the sunset, perfectly lost in our mind.

We both know that we are hiding some things from each other. The things we are not ready to share yet. Not because we don't trust each other. But because we do not want to drag the other one into our troubles. To protect our friendship.