43

Minato silently looked out the window and watched as the weapon of the village walked away. His suspicions were correct, Orochimaru wanted the Uchiha eyes. He watched as his messenger dissapeared and waited for his other to appear. He heard the familiar rustling of feathers and turned around. "Itachi, report," he stated and received a bow. "Orochimaru is indeed after my brother's eyes, the sand shinobi are watching our shinobi with close eyes. I've gathered details about a plan that the sandkage came up with. Their jinchuriki will be used," Itachi finished and was met with Minato's calculating stare.

-------------

"What are you doing?" Sakura asked and was met with a cold stare. "You're not good at tracking in silence or following your target," she replied with a blunt tone and looked into light colored eyes. "Do you fear death?" Gaara asked and looked into the small green eye, the only one uncovered. "No," she replied and once again stared back. A silence fell between them and the red haired narrowed his eyes. "I need to kill you, you're in our way." Sakura did not move an inch and simply kept staring. "Why?" She asked and saw the smallest of sand start making its way to her. "Because I can, mother wants it." She simply stayed at her spot "You don't have a mother, she isn't here," Once those words left she saw his fingers twitch and felt sand on one of her legs. "LIAR! Mother is always near, she craves for blood to be spilled and yours will!"

Sakura simply did a replacement jutsu and watched from a tree top. The log she replaced herself with quickly got crushed, and she could see the red hair angry at her words. She dropped down behind him and watched as he tensed. "Be at ease," she said, "Many of us don't have mothers. Though killing always has a reason, yours is foolish. There is no mother wanting you to spill blood, it is just your demon," she ended with and dodged another stream of sand. Now she stood infront of him and sent a one-eyed glare "If you want to kill me, I will not hesitate to take your life," she whispered and let her sentence reach his ears. Once again, she saw a stream of sand heading towards her, and she simply did a hang sign, vanishing from the place, leaving the red haired boy to let out a scream of rage.

-------

"Train me at a faster pace," he demanded and was met with an unimpressed look. "Sasuke, your Chunin exams are nearing, your body needs the rest," Itachi smoothly stated and was met with a glare. Sasuke clenched his fists and swallowed his pride, "Gaara of the Sand is stronger than me, and Sakura is talked throughout town. She already has her own page on the Bingo Book. She's as strong as every high ranked shinobi, it's not fair. I want to be the one that's talked about. I want to be stronger," he stated and was met with an untelling stare. Itachi stayed quiet, and his mind was running with thoughts. His little brother seems to be threatened by two people and wants to be stronger than them, but he wants to be stronger in a few days. Orochimaru offered that to him, and now Itachi has heard the plead from his brother's mouth.

Itachi simply stood up, poked his brother's head, and gave him a smile, "Maybe next time." Itachi turned around and left his brother to his thoughts. He walked into the heart of the village and had a goal in his mind. Kakashi sat on his favorite rooftop and looked down at the civilians. Surprisingly, the day had been calm and full of good news. Sakura was somewhere in the village, watching over another part, and his two genins were nowhere to be found. He finally had time to read his favorite book, once again. He let the breeze flow through his hair and reached his hand towards his pouch. "Kakashi, we need to talk," a voice stated, and Kakashi narrowed his eyes. "There's no need for small talk, Itachi," Kakashi stated and stood up to look at the Uchiha. "It's about Sasuke."