Chapter 8 - Nick Wilde's First Case 2 of 3

Nick Wilde's POV;

Inside of The Mystic Spring Oasis, the owner seems to notice as I made my entrance.

The owner is a yak.

He was cheerful. "Hey. If it isn't the goody-deedy-Nicky-Wilde." Yak said.

I waved at the owner. I was confident. "Hey." I added. "It's just Nick. Thank you for remembering me, by the way." I said. I went to the Yak's front desk.

The owner faced me. Yak smiled. "You're welcome." The owner added. "You're like a family in the naturalist club. It's been awhile to see you here." Yak remarked.

I cleared my throat. I have to get my reason to be in the yoga place. I was serious. I showed him my ZPD badge. "Sir, I'm an officer of the ZPD now." I added. "I'm only here to ask questions about Emmitt Otterton." I stated. I shown him the photo of the otter.

The owner took a glimpse of Emmitt Otterton. Yak realized the otter. "Oh, Old Emmitt!" The owner added, exclaiming. Yak left his front desk. "You should talk to my yoga instructor. Nangi can help you there." The owner declared.

I followed Yak to the yoga instructor. I was happy. "How was she in the peaceful paradise?" I asked.

The owner and I passing by the other members of the naturalist club.

Yak was delighted. "Nangi?" The owner added, reconsidering. "Oh, she's good. Perhaps the meditation works her like a charm." Yak answered.

We have finally got to the yoga instructor.

Nangi is an elephant.

The owner encountered the elephant.

I observed them.

I was raising my eyebrow for the actual fact.

For Nangi, the elephant never forgets.

For Yak, the owner knows more than expected.

Yak was bemused. "Hey, Nangi." The owner added. "Do you remember the last time you saw Emmitt Otterton?" Yak wonders.

"Who?" The elephant inquired.

"Emmitt Otterton? The one who comes here every Tuesday?" The owner wonders again.

Nangi shook her head. "I don't know Emmitt Otterton." The elephant replies.

"Yeah, the one who got a ride in the limousine, escorted with Mr. Manchas the chauffeur? Remember that, Nangi?" Yak wonders again.

"Nope." The elephant replies again.

"Yeah, Old Emmitt was doing business with Mr. Big? Working as a florist? Do you recall that, Nangi?" The owner wonders once more.

"Nope." The elegant replies once more.

I called it. Yak knew about Emmitt Otterton more than Nangi. I brought out my notepad and a black pen. I was awkward yet friendly. "Sir, you don't happen to have a license plate number for the limousine, do you? The one Emmitt Otterton got a ride with...Mr. Manchas...?" I asked.

The owner glanced at me. "Oh, yeah..." Yak added. The owner was glad to reply. "It was 29THD03..." Yak answered.

I was contented. I wrote the license plate number down on my notepad. "Thanks a lot, sir. This is helpful." I said.

The owner looks at Nangi. "Told ya she has good memory of her customers." Yak mentioned.

Well, bad news for me; I'm not on the system yet of the ZPD.

Good news; I have know a pal of mine about running license plates.

I was going to the Zootopia's DMV.

Next part soon!