Chapter 5 - Officially the First Fox Cop

Note: Nick Wilde's POV

Nick Wilde's POV;

I did not give up yet.

I exercised every early morning before my training.

I read everything in books that is to know about being a police officer. The duties, the laws, everything in particular.

You would not believe how I passed my training thru crazy obstacle courses.

I hold myself stronger against the fake sandstorms.

I hung longer on the hanging bars.

I climbed higher to the top of the ice wall.

Major Friedkin was impressed with me.

I was sneaky to beat the rhino in boxing.

I was better than ever.

———————————————————

I have been sticking around the Zootopia Police Academy for longer than a week.

Exactly three weeks since I got there.

On one morning outside of the police academy, it was my graduation day.

Right at the podium, there was a lion who's giving the speech. His name was Mayor Lionhart. Hey, he smiles like a friendly king of the beast.

Anyway, Mayor Lionhart was glad to be speaking for one animal. And that animal who became the ZPD cop is me. "It is my honor to introduce the first fox officer..." he added, gesturing to me. I was smiling at the mayor. I was wearing my police uniform. I have my travel mug on my right paw. I even removed my sunglasses off of my face. Oh, I was glad to be there. Mayor Lionhart was pleased to see me. "Nicholas Wilde!" He announced in exclamation.

I stepped forth to the stage. Everyone cheers and applauded for me. And my mother on the front row of her seat. She was so proud of me.

I faced the mayor. Mayor Lionhart has his assistant. Her name was Bellweather. She's a lamb. The mayor clears his throat. "Ahem." He added. The mayor reminded her assistant urgently. "Assistant Bellweather, the badge?" He wondered.

She realized. Bellweather brought out my official police badge. She was nerve-wrecking. "Oh, yes, Mayor Lionhart! Sorry sir!" Bellweather exclaims. She gives it to the mayor.

Mayor Lionhart was appreciative. "Thank you." He said.

Mayor Lionhart puts my badge on my uniform. I have finally got my official ZPD badge.

Man, isn't the mayor excited. To be frank, I was too. I smiled at him. "Not so easy being mayor, isn't it sir?" I wondered.

He laughs at himself. Mayor Lionhart seems to understand me. Boy, was he enthusiastic. "Nope it is not. Zootopia needs more cops around the city. How the twelve mammals have gone missing. Geez...I was hoping that case would be solve sooner than later." Mayor Lionhart replied.

I have a figuration. The ZPD doesn't have a fox as a cop before. I have known more animals than everyone else. So I had decided myself. "Why don't I volunteer to take such a case for you mayor?" I added, wondering. I did not regret it. "Maybe I could take a whack of it to try." I suggested.

He stares at me blankly. Then, Mayor Lionhart was happy. "What a great idea!" He added, exclaiming. Mayor Lionhart gestures himself. "Allow me to tell them." He declared.

I shrugged. So I was glad to be of his help. "Be my guest mayor." I insisted.

Huh, was he contended to speak to the audience. "I have just spoken to our new police officer..." Mayor Lionhart added. Everyone sees what's happening next. He was delightful. "It is my privilege to have Officer Nick Wilde...Not only the first precinct of ZPD...To assigned him the case of the twelve missing mammals of Zootopia..." Mayor Lionhart announces.

Everybody cheered for the great news.

When I glanced at my mom, she seemed to have mixed feelings for my decision with the mayor.

——————————————

My mom and I have a conversation back in our apartment.

She was concerning about me. Maybe I have gone too fast about my first case. "Zootopia is a huge city, Nick!" My mom exclaims.

How big the city is nothing to compare about the twelve missing mammals. I was determined. "Mom! The mayor was counting on me to do the case that I'm willing to do!" I argued.

"Wouldn't it be better if you were a meter man?" She asked.

I shook my head. I have to remember about three weeks ago. "Mom! Let's not forget YOU signed me up on this ZPD thing!" I bickered.

My mom was worried. "And I didn't believe you'll go for a challenge with no police experience." She said.

I shrugged. "I completed my training, mom." I mentioned.

My mom was puzzled. "Will your chief try to assign you with a partner then?" She wonders.

"I wasn't planning to solve a case alone." I replied.

My mom was eased. I guess my idea to do the case with a cop partner would relieved her. She does have a point. "Oh good." My mom said.

I smiled sweetly at her. I was sure of myself. "Don't worry, mom. I won't let anyone see that they get to me." I stated.

She nodded her head at me twice. "I know you won't, Nick." My mom believed.

So what I gotta do next is to go to the first precinct of the ZPD.

Looks like I'll be seeing Benjamin Clawhauser and Chief Bogo again. And the other police officers who knew about me.

I was prepared to make my day there.

And that's where my first day of the job as a cop starts.

Next part soon!