Chapter 3 - The Zootopia Police Academy

Note: Nick Wilde's POV

Nick Wilde's POV;

I was right about one thing in the Police Academy.

It was not fun at all.

I was wearing my dark gray workout clothes.

I was under commanded by the female polar bear named Major Friedkin. She was my only trainer and instructor of the police academy. And so are the other cadets. That is what Major Friedkin called us. Boy, not only she was loud, she was also concerning.

Major Friedkin browses at everyone, including me. She was serious. "Listen up, cadets!" Major Friedkin added, exclaiming. She paces around to look at us. "You're all going to be facing a few different obstacles. Each obstacle has a different ecosystem and the climate. Tundratown. Sahara Square. And the Rainforest District." Major Friedkin instructed.

The training ground is like a minefield. The tires and log jumping. The desert winds. The ice wall. The running track. The rainforest climb.

Of course, she has mentioned about boxing a toughest animal than me.

Major Friedkin warns every cadet. Especially me. She furrows her eyes. "If you have to succeed, repeat your training." Major Friedkin added. "Otherwise, you're dead!" She exclaims.

I may have startled by her loud voice. Of course, Major Klondike has a point. I would be dead if I failed my training.

Day 1;

The Sahara Square. Oh man, the big fans to create the sandstorm. I was fighting my paws off against that. I wasn't nearly halfway. The big plop of sands hit me swiftly. I was completely buried except my long tail.

I can heard my trainer hollering sternly at me. "You're dead!" Major Friedkin shouted.

Day 2;

The Tundratown ice wall. Ugh, the ice wall was horrible. I was freezing my paws off for climbing on it. Lucky me, I used to rock climb when I was a cub. The problem with the ice wall that I'm climbing on. It's so slippery. One of my paws are beyond cold. I was shaking my right paw instantly. Then, I was slipping down. I panicked. Then, I have fallen into the coldest water I have ever splashed on. I clings my arms. I was shivering so bad.

My trainer shouts at me again. "You're dead, fox!" She hollers.

Day 3;

The Rainforest District. The climbs above the icky mud are like monkey bars in the playground. Yet, it was higher. I have no fear of heights. Oh no. I was a fierce Nick Wilde in this. I moved my arms around at the hanging bars. Darn that Major Friedkin. I was doing it when she put on the fake rain. I was a wet fox. I grabbed one swinging bar. I was gaining gravity because I lost my grip. I fall into the mud on my back. I blamed my butter-paws for that day.

My trainer noticed me. "You're dead!" She exclaimed at me.

I facepalmed myself. I was more disgusted because I was covered in mud. Boy, I'm a mess on that day.

Day 4;

I failed the tires and logs jumping. I kept tripping on them.

Day 5;

I failed to box-fight against the rhino. I got a two black eyes. I looked like a red raccoon for some reason.

Day 6;

I drive the cop car like a pro. Perhaps, I would not fail this if my tail wasn't on the car door. It was painful afterwards.

Every time I try to do my cop training, I get yelled 'Dead!' by Major Klondike.

At night, I am going to hit the haystack (my bed). I effort to slide myself on my mattress. Maybe I shouldn't move too swift. Because I fell out of my bed. I bumped my head. Man, the floor was so hard.

I perturbed. Not my trainer again. "Falling off the bed like a monkey! You're dead, fuzzy fox-head!" She cried out loud at me. Oy vey, don't I like my trainer or what?

Major Friedkin shook her head. I can hear her footsteps coming towards me. She glanced down at me. Major Friedkin was annoyed. "I know you loved doing good deeds for a living. Perhaps, you are not meant to be a cop." She uttered.

Seriously?! I'm not meant to be a cop?! I was bewildered by her comment.

Of course, Major Friedkin was not finished. "I figured you would react to my saying." She added. Major Friedkin sighs. "Zootopia needs more good cops there. It's my job to train you and everyone to be cop." She stated.

I have to tell her something before I missed my chance. I was sympathetic. "And I'm sure you're doing a good job." I added. I was serious about my police training. "Major, I was having tough times for the training courses you put everyone thru, including me. If you're really worried about me, at least give me another try. Just for Zootopia's sake." I said.

Major Friedkin was concerned yet a sweet polar bear. "Try to do better on your training. And if you're dead again at all the courses, you're going home." She told me.

I acknowledged her. I nodded my head thrice times awkwardly. Guess I'm gonna have to try better than before.

Major Friedkin left me.

I was still sore from my tail. Geez, I am so dead if I don't wake up early in the morning.

Next part soon!