Part 40

With a palanquin and our 3 horses, we set off to Hyunwoo's place to pick them up. There they stood with a few bags in hand, and a playful baby by their side.

"Good Morning Lady Dasom, I'm glad you guys came to this decision." Holding the palanquin open, I waited for her to get in but she stood frozen still. "I wouldn't dare to get in, I-I'm merely a commoner."

"Trust me, I would not want to walk on foot for a week with a baby." Although she protested, I managed to put her in before getting on my horse. Brother simply stared at me before getting on himself.

As we galloped through the forest, he attempted to start a conversation. "You changed a lot sister"

"How so?"

"You used to be calculative when speaking or taking action. You're more.. expressive now, as if you found your own color."

Smiling, I also agreed with him. "When you go back home, please don't add me into the story when explaining yourself. I'll come over once I send a formal letter to give notice of my visit."

Staring back at the road, I let out a sigh, despising the fact that the ride back will be so long.

------

A week passed by and we finally arrived. I promised myself that I will never go on such long trips again. From a certain point, everyone dispersed on their own ways to go back to their homes where I said goodbye to my brother and his wife.

Seeing our own place made me feel so happy, Yohan even noticed the difference in my attitude. Going inside, I rushed over to meet Areum after not seeing her for a whole month.

"My Lady!" Areum brightened up at our arrival before running into my embrace. "How was your vacation?"

That question made me want to puke remembering all the things we went through. "It was....quite different compared to how I imagined it to be" Leaving it at that, I didn't want to go over the details again.

"Areum, could you send a formal letter saying that we will go to my parents' house in a few days time? I bet they are in utter chaos right now" chuckling, I could already picture mother's reaction to everything. Nodding, although curious, she silently left to carry out her job.

Night quickly approached as me and Yohan sat at the balcony drinking tea like the old couple we were. We didn't realize how much we took the peace and quiet for granted so here we were, doing nothing but relaxing.

We were both wrapped up in a blanket since it was really cold outside, but the sky view looked magnificent, too good to miss. Humming a random tune, I quietly sipped my tea as Yohan was reading a book.

Soon enough, the sound of muffled voices entered my ears, piquing my interest. Following the sound, my eyes landed on the young soldier and Areum standing next to one another closely. He was the same boy who had helped me look for Nari a while back, so it was easy to recognize him.

Putting down my cup, I leaned closer to the ledge, watching their little interaction. With a basket in her hand, she was trying to feed him something while he backed away a bit, his face clearly flustered. Smirking slightly, I let them do their own thing.

"That scene looks awfully familiar" his gaze on them as well, he stifled a laugh, glancing over at me a few times.

"Come on, you know I wasn't that clingy. In fact, I knew how to give you space when you needed it." The events of the time we didn't contact each other for three months still made me scoff in disappointment.

"I didn't realize my lady gets upset easily" My body got enveloped in his blanket as he swayed us side to side.

Leaning into his embrace, I closed my eyes in bliss, grateful for how far we have come.