Part 37

About a week and a half passed by as I tried hard to find someone who was going back to the palace areas. Staying at an inn for a while really tired me out as I constantly had to be on the move. Will I have to be stuck here for the rest of my life?!

I have to go back before Yohan and the rest start their journey, so I can pack up my stuff in our house. Although I thought that I was managing better than expected when I left, it was proven false when I woke up one day in the infirmary. The owner of the inn couldn't wake me up so she had someone carry me to get checked out.

Thankful for her service, I paid her double and then stayed for treatment. Am I lovesick or something? Chuckling at my horrible sense of humor, I took off the braids in my hair that were causing me to have a headache. Letting my hair flow down, I laid in bed, not knowing what to do with my life anymore.

Grabbing the small bag of mine, I pulled out his shirt before snuggling into it, easing my pain for a bit, forgetting about the world around me. I regretted my decision a lot after that day, thinking of the what ifs. What if Yohan is searching for me? What if I'm not as replaceable as I thought I was?

Shaking off the thoughts, I got up before paying for my stay. Going out into the streets again, I walked a bit on the side, not wanting to attract any attention. However, I was still alert, trying to find any carts or carriages I can ask for a ride in. I'll never be able to go back alone because I am confident that I will get lost in the first hour.

Once I turned the corner to a small alley, my body got pushed against the wall, the person's hands protecting my back and head from the impact. Closing my eyes shut I tried to get away from them, scared of what they want to do with me.

"Put your hair up this instant"

My eyes snapped open at the familiar voice as I looked at his face for confirmation. There stood the man that I had been wanting to see badly for weeks now, alive and well. Scanning his body, once I checked that he was alright, I sighed in relief.

"Did you not hear me?" Finally processing his words, I touched my hair realizing that I never bothered to put it back up again. "Why are you here?" Pushing him away gently, I could sense the hurt in his eyes as he pulled me even more closer to him.

Gasping in surprise, I shook my head before trying to move away from him, when my heart was screaming for me to do the opposite. "Why are you leaving me? You promised that you wouldn't ignore me" His eyes held so much yearning that I almost gave in to him, until I remembered what I had told Minah.

"No..I can't do this. I told her that she"

"Don't even think of finishing that sentence. Did you ever think of how I would feel once I woke up and saw that my wife left me saying another woman is good for me? What kind of bullshit is that?!"

I kept my eyes on the ground not knowing what to say until he lifted up my chin "look at me, Goeun. Please look at me while I'm speaking"
Gaining the courage to look at him in the eye again, I finally spoke up in a calm manner.

"She kept harassing me Yohan, I didn't know what to do when she continued with her insults. She truly made me believe that you deserve someone that can protect you, especially during times like those" looking over at his head, I reminisced the blood that was all over his head.

"No, I want someone like you, even if I don't deserve it. I only want you, I want- no need Kim Goeun in my life" Taking my hand, he gently kissed it before putting it on his cheek, as if feeling the warmth of it.

My face flushed at the amount of affection he was displaying, making it harder and harder to pull away. "Yohan, you should've seen yourself when she brought you back. You were both in a bad condition but without her, we wouldn't have been able to save you-"

"I love you" his words left me speechless as I struggled to form the next thing to say. "Wait that's not fair" pouting, I looked at him with a frown, leaving him confused.

"What's with that reaction? I thought you would jump on me by now" I almost got annoyed by how spot on he was because I really thought of doing that. "You can't just say those words so easily, it makes it harder for me to reply to that" As I tried to think of what else to say, Yohan suddenly guided my hands to his neck before flashing me one of his captivating smiles.

"It's actually easy baby, all you have to say is I love you back. I'll do the rest" My heart raced at his flirty attitude before finally giving in to him.

"...I love you too" although I rushed out those words, he understood me perfectly, before crashing his lips onto mine, his mouth eager to explore, biting my lower lip and asking for entrance. He then moved on to kissing my earlobe and collarbone before going down to my neck. Placing many soft kisses, he spent extra time sucking on the area that made my toes curl due to the sensation.

Circling his thumb over my shoulder, he kept still for a while, as we stared at each other silently. "Come home with me" speaking softly, he waited for my response with anxious eyes.

"And if I don't?" Raising my eyebrows, I only meant to joke around with him but he literally picked me up in the way people carry their sack of potatoes. "I'll just have to kidnap you then"

"Wait are you crazy?! Aren't you hurt everywhere? I'll walk on my own, put me down" slapping his back lightly, I thought he would finally listen to what I said but he put me down before picking me up again. That repeated for a bit as I stared at him with a "are you kidding me" look.

"That, is to prove that I'm in good shape again. And secondly, it's to see how much weight you lost from the last time I saw you."

"I guess we both lost weight, but you look like you haven't been sleeping" Sliding my finger over his dark circles, I could tell how tired he looked.

"My hugging pillow disappeared one day so I couldn't sleep without it." Smiling at that, I turned somber realizing exactly what I had just done. "I can't just shamelessly run back to you and pretend that nothing happened. I have to take responsibility for my words and actions."

"Yul, Her highness, my men, the royal doctor, and especially me. We are all waiting for you to return with open arms. So you shouldn't hesitate anymore." All this time, I've been considering myself as someone who could be forgotten, as everyone else will continue on with their lives. An unimportant piece in a board game that is neither valuable or useful.

But seeing him look at me like this and hearing that so many people are waiting for me, made me finally realize. That I'm a person worthy of love, that there's others who care about my wellbeing.

...Goeun is someone significant..