Part 13

As I entered the palace again, a wave of nostalgic feelings washed over me instantly. Memories I had made here were one of the best moments of my life.

The day came when Hyerin and Prince Yul would have their wedding ceremony and the Han family was invited.

Mother and father greeted everyone and I stood in the sidelines smiling politely at whoever was passing by. My eyes repeatedly scanned over the crowds, trying to find a certain man.

Once I looked over to my right, I saw a familiar figure in the distance leaning against the tree, staring right back at my direction. Or at least I think he was. My heart fluttered seeing him again after a long time. His hair had definitely grown a bit but he still looked the same compared to when I last saw him. He looked really dashing today wearing navy blue and I could tell he put in effort to look his best.

"I'll be back in a minute, father" I spoke to father in a hushed voice and he motioned for me to go, his attention on the elderly couple he was conversing with.

I walked towards him slowly, grabbing onto the hem of my skirt nervously. I had worn the light purple dress that I personally designed since it was a special day today. He suddenly stopped leaning and stood up straight, as if waiting expectedly.

I truly missed him. I missed everything about him, from his deep voice that softly spoke to me and to his smile that even appeared in my dreams. But what was this feeling that was overweighing that right now?

Maybe it was hurt, or anger, I wouldn't know. Did he even miss me? My throat was stinging and my heart ached dully, as I stared into that man's eyes.

I broke eye contact and stared straight ahead before walking right past him. If he wanted to lose contact with me, then fine, let's act like strangers then.

I barely took another step before I was turned around swiftly, catching me by surprise. Yo Han looked at me, probably trying to read through my thoughts.

I smiled before saying "Do I know you?"

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and kept a tighter hold of my hand. "Lady Goeun, what are you talking -" before he could finish whatever he was saying, I looked behind him and saw mother and father coming over to our direction with a weird smile on their faces.

I thought they were busy talking with the others, how did mother notice me gone so fast?

oh no
The cogs in my brain turned wildly and a new plan was formed.
Ohhoho

"Quick, act like my lover for a bit." I slid my arms in his before pleading with my eyes. "Tell my parents we plan to get married later in the future because you're busy at the moment" Yo han looked puzzled with the situation and I can understand him, I stranger zoned him one minute ago and now I'm asking him to be my lover. I probably sound like a psycho

"What did you get yourself into now?" He shook his head and I held onto his arms even tighter. "If you don't help me now, I will be forced to marry this pervert back at home."

"Is this your charm Lady Goeun? You first attracted a killer and now a pervert? What's it going to be next time?" He smirked and I smiled back at him. "Let's just say I have very bad luck when it comes to men."

"And what will I get out of helping you?" He raised his eyebrow in expectation and my mind went blank for a moment.

"I will accept this as a form of apology from you. The last 3 months... I won't question it" That was the best I could come up with since he doesn't really owe me anything.

Before he could speak, mother and father's footsteps were heard as they got closer to us.

"So this is your faraway lover that you were writing letters with?" Mother examined him before looking at our linked arms.