Part 19

Once Yohan had left, Areum came to the Kim residence later in the day, carrying a bag with all her things inside. "Miss Goeun! I'm finally here!" Although I was really glad seeing her again, her mouth wouldn't stop running the moment she came in through that door.

"Areum-ah, my head is about to explode. How did you gather all these news in just one week? So many things happened in a short amount of time compared to when I actually lived there." Shrugging her shoulders, she made her way inside bowing to everyone and introducing herself enthusiastically.

---

Another two weeks passed as I patiently waited for Yohan to return home to me. I told him I can wait but how could he not visit me or his family briefly before leaving again?

Hyerin wrote to me saying that Prince Yul apologized in advance since he feels responsible for ruining our first month of marriage. Yohan had work piled up from before and after the wedding, so he was really busy right now. Another problem had arisen in Hanyang, so he was also put in charge of it.

Fine. I'll just wait one more week.. With that thought, I stepped into Nari's room watching the little girl playing with her handmade dolls. She looked just like her father, with her black hair but her face features resembled her mother. "Nari-ah, mother gave us permission to go out to have fun today. Wanna join me?"

As she silently nodded her head, I showed her what I was hiding behind my back and her eyes lit up in excitement. "Although not many people do kite flying in this season, I thought it would be fun since it's windy today."

As I led her outside and into the palanquin, mother came out with a few blankets and a guard behind her. "Nari gets sick easily so come back before the evening. She doesn't go outside often. I also packed her dolls and a pair of shoes just in case" Nodding my head, I took all the stuff from her hands before getting in myself.

The 4 other workers carried the palanquin easily, pulling it up in one go.

"Nari, do you have any friends that can join us? We can bring them if you would like" Looking out the small window, she shook her head before holding onto her kite tightly.

"It's okay then, we'll just have fun on our own" holding her tiny hand, I made sure she felt reassured with me. We went out into a nearby town that had open fields and a place to eat delicious food close by.

We walked a little farther away from where the palanquin was at so we could run to get the kites going.

As the hours passed by us goofing around and flying the kites, Nari's stomach rumbling stopped me in my tracks.

Turning around to the young male guard, looking no older than eighteen, I pointed at the direction of the diner not far from here. "Would you be able to get some food and drinks that Nari would like and set it up with the blankets here. I don't want her to get hungry or cold once she's done playing."

"Of course my lady" as he hurried off, I took a quick glance at what Nari was doing before walking over to the palanquin to get all the stuff my mother in law packed.

Once I grabbed everything I needed, I started to head back until I noticed that something was very wrong. The field felt too empty... and very quiet.

"Nari? Where are you?" A dreaded feeling crept inside of me as I looked around for Nari as she was nowhere to be seen. She was just running around a few moments ago..

Turning my head frantically, I dropped the stuff in my hands realizing that both Nari and her kite was gone. Looking around the field surrounded by the tall grass and wheat, panic started to rise within me as I hurriedly ran to every corner of the place, calling out her name.