Part 30

I have never felt so happier seeing a hot bath and comfortable bed ready for me to use. Everyone was exhausted and ready to sleep, since we arrived many hours after midnight.
Once I laid my head on the pillow, I went to sleep almost instantly, so I guess my insomnia is solved?

Waking up from my long slumber, I realized it was already afternoon, and my body finally felt well rested. Stretching, I turned around just to almost get a heart attack by the sight in front of me.

Yohan was by the door grabbing the platter of food from someone, ..shirtless. Closing my eyes immediately, I ran inside the wash room hurriedly. Washing my face by the basin, I sat down on the ground for a minute, embarrassed of myself. I'm a grown woman but I freaked out just by looking at his upper body.

Of course it would be natural to be surprised. I'm not a pervert who had stared at others bodies before. Going back out in a calmer manner, I subtly tried to not look directly at him.

"Why aren't you coming here to eat?" I could hear his voice as he watched me tidy up the bed. Grabbing a thin blanket, I trudged over to him before wrapping it around his body. Arching his eyebrow, he looked at the blanket before chuckling.

"You-looked cold, so I did you a favor. Who doesn't wear clothes when it's chilly outside" Mumbling, I sat down next to him before eyeing the food. "What's this?"

There was two bowls that had dark liquid inside of it. "You're not poisoning me right?"

Yohan rolled his eyes before taking one and gulping it down in one go. He didn't seem to have a reaction to it so I naturally thought it would taste pretty good. I also drank some until the bitter flavor kicked in, almost making me gag in disgust. You betrayer

"Drink it all, it's good for your health. Then I'll give you this." Holding the sweets in his hand, he waited until I drank the last drop before handing it to me. Taking it gratefully, I popped one in my mouth, wanting the bitter taste to be gone. "Do you drink these often?"

"Sometimes, it helps my body heal when I'm not in my best condition."

"Do you get hurt often?"

"Not that much, just a few times" Looking over at his palm, the white faint line stood there as a reminder that he is constantly put in life threatening situations. I do not want to see the day he goes off to a battle or war, because I will not be able to handle it.

"Which injury was the most painful?" He thought about it before taking off the blanket, giving me full access to his handsome looking body. We are in a serious mood here Goeun, snap out of it

"This one here" guiding my hand to his abdomen, he let me touch the wider scar that he had. It looked awfully like a scar made by a knife or a sword, making me wince. Softly patting that part, I looked at him with my face scrunched up in concern. "That must've hurt badly. You better have asked his majesty to give you many months off. I would've demanded it"

"I want to show you one more" nodding my head, I waited for him to guide my hand to that area. I furrowed my eyebrows when he placed it on his cheeks, making me confused. "But I don't see a scar here?" Caressing his cheeks, all I could feel was the smoothness, and so I looked even closer at that area. Maybe a paper cut???

"There's nothing there"

"Then why-?" "I just wanted to see your reaction" Should I slap him?

"Now it's your turn"

Blinking my eyes, my face flushed realizing what he meant. "I am not going to take off my clothes" His laughter erupted throughout the whole room, making me feel even more embarrassed. "I'm just joking my lady"

If I had any physical scars, then I wouldn't have passed the first round of the selection in the beginning. Huffing in annoyance, I resumed eating, hearing him still letting out bursts of small laughter at my reaction.

"Ahh, I missed this"

"Hm?" Looking over at him, I tried to understand what he meant by that. His gaze felt different from before as he smiled tenderly at me. "I missed being with you like this"

Is this a confession? My eyes dilated in both shyness yet in excitement. Trying to figure out his next move, my heart jumped seeing him leaning in slowly, his eyes slowly looking down to my lips. Lifting my chin ever so slightly, he slid his finger over my lower lip, his touch leaving such a great impact on me.

"You're my happy place, so don't ignore me anymore." Placing gentle feathery kisses on my forehead, then to my cheeks, and even to the tip of my nose, his eyes darkened some more. However, his next move never came as we stared at each other with both desire and affection. Something was blocking him from continuing and I could see the conflict and desperation in his eyes.

"What's keeping you from coming to me?" Why do we struggle so much to do the things others consider easy... Stroking his cheeks, I gave him one final look before muttering "Then just for today, I'll be the bad person"

Placing my lips on his, I tilted my head for better access, the gentle yet soft pressure making me want more of this addicting feeling. Our lips came together just right as he took control, grabbing the back of my head.

The kiss turned more aggressive as I slowly ran out of breath, my brain feeling fuzzy as I felt his lip quiver against mine. An unexpected muffled noise came out of my throat when his hands started wandering over my body, a weird sensation building up inside of me.

Pulling away, I suddenly felt shy under his gaze even though I was the one who made the first move. Taking my hands off of his bare chest, as if now realizing, I smiled at him innocently.

"You are one dangerous woman" kissing the tip of my nose, he swooped me up in his arms in an instant.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.