Part 35

It's been three days and he still hasn't woken up, which scared me immensely. However, the royal physician said that his health was improving just fine, so that put me at ease.

Applying the salve on him again, I looked over at the other new bottle that I had bought today. With a sigh, I grabbed it before making my way out and into the room across the hall. Knocking on the door, I made my way inside to see Minah resting, with a bandage around most of her left arm.

"How are you feeling?" Before I could come closer to her, she stopped me with her hand. "With what business are you here for?" Putting the salve next to her, I sat down a bit farther from her. "This will make the scarring lighter each time you use it, make sure to put it on two times a day."

There was an awkward silence as we both avoided eye contact, before I finally spoke up. "You know, Miss Hwang Minahssi, I was always jealous of you"

"The way Yohan described you before was like an angel and a tough warrior mixed into one. The talent you possess is also very admiring to others and your bravery is no joke. I really envy all those years you spent with him because it hasn't even been a year for me."

"Why are you saying all this?" She looked at me in confusion which I smiled in return. "Yohan will be lucky to have you again."
.
.
.
.
.
.
Packing up a few of my things from the drawer, I looked over at my husband for the last time, afraid that if I look for a second too long, I would not have the courage to step out of this room. Grabbing a shirt of his, I also packed that in there, wanting to remember his scent when I miss him. It's okay, you'll be over me soon, like tripping over a pebble and regaining your balance quickly.

Once everyone had gone to sleep, I left quietly, knowing that my life will never be the same again. I will never meet someone like Yohan and I would never meet friends like Hyerin or Prince Yul. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll be able to take Areum with me, wherever I'm going.

As I took every step away from the residence, my mind was screaming for someone, anyone, to notice me and stop me in my tracks. Maybe, just maybe, if they asked me what I was doing late at night and escorted me back inside, I would've followed their instructions in a heartbeat.

But no one did..

-----

Yohan's Pov:

I was suddenly placed into battle with neither a weapon or shield, leaving me defenseless. Clashing of swords could be heard as I struggled to find something to protect myself with.

The air felt humid and the stench of blood could be smelled everywhere. Before I could realize what was happening, I saw Goeun right in the middle of the battle, looking over at me with a smile on her face. Right behind her, a man was charging at her in full speed, aiming at her back with his sword.

"WATCH OUT" I so badly wanted to warn her and scream those words, but nothing would come out of my mouth. My steps were so slow and felt heavy, as if my legs were being swallowed by the ground beneath me. Before I could reach her in time, the sword pierced through her back, her face scrunched up in pain as she let out a painful scream.

Time seemed to turn back to normal as I ran in full speed before slashing the man mercilessly. Now holding Goeun in my arms, I put pressure on the area as she bled out horribly, her face pale and sweaty.

"No.. no.. no you'll be alright baby just stay still. I'll call someone for help" My hands trembled in fear as I looked around for any familiar faces.

"Y-yohan, it hurts" She gripped onto me lightly, her energy slowly deteriorating. "Keep your eyes open Goeun, don't you dare close them." Before I could carry her up, she stopped me weakly.

"It looks like I'll have matching scars with you" Smiling at me for the last time, her eyes fluttered closed, leaving me in a state of shock. "Goeun?"

"Kim Goeun. Answer me right now" Cupping her face, I didn't know what to do as I embraced her tightly, hot tears flowing down my cheeks as I shook my head in denial.

"Wake up, what am I going to do without you? Wake up hm?" Her body was still and the blood kept gushing out, staining my hands and clothes in crimson red.

"Don't leave me like this, I promise I'll do better. I'll be better, I didn't even get to tell you how much I love you" Holding her fragile hands, I kissed them softly, gaining comfort from the fact that it was still warm.

Looking in front of me, a soldier was making his way over with a killing intent, and a smile went on my face unknowingly. "You came at the perfect time"

Closing my eyes, I waited for the impact to come, already ready to leave this wretched world.
--
Opening my eyes, I was now in a different place, as tears kept flowing down my cheeks endlessly. Looking over next me, I saw Goeun sitting next to me with a worried expression. Quickly getting up, I pulled her into my embrace before stroking her hair. It was just a dream, it was just a dream. You're safe in my arms.

However.. the hug felt different, way too different for my liking. Goeun is like a perfect fit for me when I take her in my embrace and her scent is a lot more different than this. Then who am I hugging?... My eyes snapped open before I pushed them away only to come face to face with Minah instead of Goeun.

"What are you doing here?" I finally came back to my senses after looking around my surroundings.

"How are you feeling? You've been in bed for 4 days now. Do you recognize me?" Handing me some water, she checked on me before getting up to probably call the doctor. Before she could leave, I grabbed her wrist in a hurry.

"Where's my wife?"