16|Do you fear me?

"Did you have to lift it in the air?"

"I'm sorry... I wasn't thinking."

"You always do drastic things."

"I know and I'm sorry..."

"Why didn't you just wait till I visited again?"

"I didn't expect you to come back after all the things I said... I'm sorry... this is like the fifteenth time I'm apologizing Cassi."

I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. "I'm just finding it hard to recover from the embarrassment." I'm pretty sure everyone who was in that room except Gaia thinks I had sex with Jack. I can just imagine how devastated my mum would be, thinking I cheated on Levi.

Probably Levi wouldn't mind because we're not dating. But it was so embarrassing. "I'm sorry... I hope your boyfriend doesn't think we... did anything."

"He's... just ignore him," I sigh. The front door opens and Levi comes out with Dario, my mum trailing behind them. Dario is still holding that towel over his broken nose. "Hey... why is your girlfriend's sneaky link still here?" Dario asks, pointing at Jack. Then he pulls out a gun from his jacket and points it at him. "Didn't we tell you to leave already? How dare you bang my brother's girlfriend and still have the guts to be here!" he barks. We all stare at him in awe. "I... nothing happened between us," I defend sheepishly.

"Don't be stupid Dario," Levi laughs. "Give me that toy gun." He snatches the gun from him and turns to my mum. "He always does this to scare people... such an idiot," he chuckles and tucks the gun into his jacket.

"Oh, I see," my mum laughs. She's trying to ignore Jack's presence. "Maybe I should leave," Jack mumbles, getting up. "No stay." I swiftly snatch his arm. Everyone is staring at me like I just did something crazy.

My mum clears her throat. "Well then Levi... I hope this dinner wasn't too horrible for you."

"No... it was great honestly," he reassures her. "So when can we get to meet your family?" she asks.

He itches the back of his neck. "They're kind of always busy... so I can't set a date."

"Well that's okay, the important thing is you make Cassi happy," she turns to me. "I just hope you make him as happy too." Her eyes of disapproval trail to Jack. "Safe journey Levi," she smiles and walks into the house.

"Levi I'm sorry-"

"Enough apologizing... what's important now is that your mum likes me and will probably let you run off with me to another city. So pack your bags, we're leaving tomorrow."

I gasp. "Tomorrow?"

"Yes... I was able to track down our suspect and it turns out he's in Chicago."

"Chicago?! I... that's... but..."

"Relax okay? Just tell your mum about it tonight... I'll be here by 5 in the morning to pick you up, understood?"

This is all happening too fast, but it's too late to back down now. We've already gone through the stress of this dinner and everything else. I can't just let it be in vain. "Okay."

"Good. Now go get some rest... get a pedicure... take a warm bath. Just make sure you're ready for tomorrow." He leans forward and plants a kiss on my forehead. "Love you, pooks."

"Gross," Dario mutters. Levi shifts his stance, punching him directly in the face this time. "Gahh..." he stumbles backward and falls over on his back. "Don't you think that's enough?" I ask him worriedly.

"Don't worry about him. I do that all the time and he never dies," he reassures me. "Oh..."

"Good night pooks," he smiles and turns away but pauses in his tracks. "Oh, and that pink bra of yours... I would like to see you in it tomorrow night." I gasp and my cheeks flush. I can't believe he just said that so openly. His gaze flicks to Jack for a brief second and back to me. "I didn't do anything with him," I tell him for the fifth time this evening.