20|Teasing

In the other bags were shoes and jewelry. I liked a particular set of blue and white charm bracelets. I don't think I'll ever take them off my hand. I pull the duvet further up my body and cuddle into the pillow. I never want to get off this bed. It's just too comfortable.

I hear a knock on the door. No no no don't tell me it's Levi. I shut my eyes hoping whoever it is will go away. Knock knock knock. Ugh just leave. I reluctantly sit up, stretching out my arms. The air conditioner is begging me to go back to sleep. I can feel it bearing down on me. Go back to sleep Cassi.

No! I breathe in, feeling like something got stuck up my left nostril. It was a bad idea to use air conditioning in winter.

I get down from the bed, flinching at the contact of my bare feet with the cold tiles. Then I get up and trudge to the door, opening it up. "Good morning, room service." Oh, it's just room service. She brought in my breakfast earlier— sandwiches, eggs and bacon, pancakes, and a side of orange juice. I'd never had a more filling breakfast.

After devouring everything, I went back to sleep. But I'm so relieved it wasn't Levi knocking 'cause I'm least ready to go hunting for murder suspects when I can just spend the entire day snoozing in that heavenly bed. I step aside for the lady to pass through and begin cleaning.

I head into the bathroom to force out whatever's stuck in my nose. I cut the tissue paper unevenly and placed it over my nose, blowing as hard as I can. Ugh nothing. I toss it in the toilet and glance at myself in the mirror. I look pale. I'll blame that on the weather for now. I turn on the faucet, cupping the water in my hands and splashing it against my face.

Taking another glance in the mirror, I see Levi standing right behind me, smirking. I swiftly turn around, squeezing my chest from the shock. "Are you crazy! Do you not know the meaning of privacy?" I brush past him, striding into the room. "Hey, why did you let him in here?" I snap at the lady setting up my lunch.

"Oh... he said he's your boyfriend," she timidly replies.

He starts laughing. "Do you know it's adorable when you freak out like that? Like all I hear is a baby trying to speak," he chuckles, walking forward and placing his hands on my shoulders. "I can't give you privacy pooks, as long as we're on this mission you're my girl and I'm your hot over-protective boyfriend."

Anyone would be thrilled to be in the position I'm in right now. But it's a pain having such a perverted and obnoxious guy watching over you constantly. He lifts my chin, making eye contact with me. "Okay?"

I nod. "Okay... whatever."

He furrows his brows. "Whatever?" For the first time since I met him, I feel a pang of fear in my chest, his authority hitting me for a split second. Then everything Emily said to me on the plane began resurfacing.

"Uh, s-sorry... I didn't mean to say that," I mumble. "I'm not mad Cassi... are you- never mind," he sighs, letting go of me. "Make sure you're dressed and ready to leave by 4, okay?"

I nod again. "Okay."

He turns around, leaving the room. "Oh and come to my room afterwards," he adds and steps out.

"Are you sure he's your boyfriend? He looks more like your dad," the lady says. "Just- mind your business and do what you're doing," I snap. Something starts vibrating from underneath my pillow. I pick up my glasses from the nightstand and wipe the lenses with the hem of my shirt. Who the hell could be calling now? I place them on my face and slide my hand under it, taking out my phone.

Oh no, it's my mum.

I immediately get a reality check remembering I'm going back home to her soon. My stomach twists into a nervous knot and my nerves start poking at my sides. Gosh, my palms are sweating already. Should I pick? What will I say?