3|Goodbye Darren

Darren

Shit, shit, shit you've done it this time Darren. I grab all the clothes in my wardrobe and toss them in the suitcase.

I have to get out of here before whatever was in that house possesses me too. I zip up the suitcase and grab the handle, wheeling it out of the room.

My brother spots me from the couch and furrows his brows. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Away from here," I reply as I walk towards the door. "What are you even talking about?" He gets up, approaching me.

"You won't understand Declan! If I don't leave now I'll die!" I holler at him before he can stop me. "So you just want to pack your things and leave? You didn't even tell me!"

"Because I don't have time and I knew you would try to stop me. Goodbye." I walk out the door, struggling with my suitcase. "Dude... so where are you going now?" he asks me. "I don't know... just anywhere that's not here."

"You're crazy you know that right? You're just going to end up back in this house when you realize you're being stupid."

"We'll see about that."

"Just get back in the house and stop acting so..." he pauses, stumbling forward. "Declan?" He remains silent, his head down as he gasps for air. "Declan!" I grab his shoulder and his head jolts up. His eyes are empty. Like Natalie's and James' when they killed themselves. James was dragging the gun from me. I was screaming his name. He couldn't hear me.

He grabs my neck and pins me against the wall. I immediately lose grip of my suitcase. "Do you think you'll then survive if you run away?" he bursts into laughter and tightens his grip on my neck practically choking me. I push him as hard as I can but he won't budge. "Get off of me!" I yell at the top of my lungs.

"Oh okay." He lets go of me and steps back. What? Did he let go? "Idiot." He launches his fist into my face. I feel my nose shift out of place and my sight blacking out. I fall off the porch and roughly land on the ground.

Then he starts marching towards me. No this isn't the time for you to pass out Darren. I scramble to my feet and start running. I'm running as fast as my legs can carry me. I wipe off the blood dripping down my nose. What is that thing that possessed my brother? Does it have super strength? I can't feel my face anymore.

My legs are getting tired already. I could fall over from exhaustion any moment from now. I look over my shoulder. No one's chasing me. Regardless I keep running. At this pace, I can make it to the subway in the next 15 minutes. I can survive.

Suddenly a car pops out of the nearest junction at an insane speed. I jump out of the way, roughly landing on the sidewalk. Who the hell drives a car like that if not someone that's trying to kill me?

The car abruptly stops in the middle of the road. Then someone gets out of the car. It's a lady and she's slowly approaching me with the oddest grin on her face. Then I notice her eyes. She's possessed.

"Hey! Stay away from me!" I pull out my spare gun and point it at her. "If you come any closer I'll shoot!" She tilts her head to the side like a confused puppy. "You thought I would run after you huh? Do I look like your playmate?" she asks, cocking her head to the side in an eery manner. I pull the trigger, launching a bullet into her head.

She teeters around a bit but immediately regains her balance. Then she digs her fingers into the bloody hole in her head, pulling out the bullet. "Is this your only defense?"

I shake my head in disbelief. "What kind of monster..."

"It wouldn't be fair if I let go of you after killing your friends, don't you think?"

"Yes, it would! I promise they won't mind at all," I get on my knees, clasping my hands together. "Please spare my life! I swear I'll do anything! I'll... I'll turn to your slave if I have to!" I cry. "Just please don't kill me."

She stops to stare at me. "You'll be my slave?"

I rapidly nod. "Yes! Anything! I'll do anything you want!"

"If you're my slave that means I can do anything I want with you right?"

I swallow my saliva, unsure of what I'm about to agree to. "Y-Yes."

"Then first of all... wipe that terrified look off your face."

That's such an odd request. I take a deep breath and put on the straightest face I can.

"Perfect."