13|A surprise boyfriend

Gosh, period cramps are the worst. I groan and turn to my side, tucking my knees up and placing my pillow in between. Someone knocks on the door. "Come in," I groan. My mum peers into the room. "Oh sweetheart... are you still having those tummy aches?"

I nod halfheartedly. "I'm heading out to get something for the house... I'll buy you one of those heating pads." I nod again. "Thanks, Mum." She blows me a kiss and shuts the door. Still doesn't change the fact that you grounded me though. Well, it's not like I have anywhere to go. My phone beeps. I roll over and take it off the nightstand to see a text from Gaia. 'What does Levi want with you?'

Huh? Who's Levi?

I hear the doorbell ring from downstairs. "Margo! Someone's at the door!" After a while, it rings again. "Ugh!" I get down from my bed and trudge downstairs. "Do I have to do everything in this house?" I grumble and open the door. "Huh?" It's that guy from Rosewood. The mafia guy. Have I done something wrong? Is he here to kill me for walking in on a cartel I wasn't aware of? Is Margo secretly part of a mafia and she told on them so now he's here to wreak havoc on all of us? "I-" I slam the door in his face and turn to run but I immediately run into Margo.

"Who was that Cas?" she asks. "Margo we have to leave!" I yell, pushing her towards the stairway. "What do you mean?"

"There's no time to explain Margo! Just take everything you can... we'll escape through the back door!"

"Are you crazy?"

The door creaks open and his head pops through. "Sorry... is everything alright?" Margo's eyes pop out. "Who is that?"

"Listen I'm not gonna let you hurt anyone in this household! You people can't just walk up to a random house and kill someone for no reason! So if that's your plan you'd better leave or I'll unleash my judo on you... FYI I got my black belt when I was 12!"

Silence falls over everyone in the room while I stand there breathless, my arms stretched out. "I get that a lot," he chuckles. "If I came here to kill you I would have done it the moment you opened the door... so you don't have to worry," he reassures me with a smile.

"Well... what do you want then?" I mumble. "I want to have a word with you, Cassi?" Huh? How does he know my name? "M-Me?" Margo grabs my arm. "One second please," she tells him and drags me to the side of the couch. She pushes my shoulders down making me fall to my knees and bend over in front of me. "Who is that guy? This is the second time you're bringing a hottie to this house... what charms are you using?" She asks with a tone of desperation as she shakes me back and forth.

"I don't even know who he is," I defend. "What do you mean you don't know who he is? He just mentioned your name! And why were you acting so weird earlier? Is the guy a criminal or something?"

"No... I just- never mind."

"Is he in your high school?"

"No."

"Then you have to hook me up with him."

"What?"

"Ummm sorry to interrupt the conversation but I kind of have to be out of this town by 6 so can we speed it up?" I hear him say. "Trust me... you don't want to have anything to do with this guy," I warn her and rise to my feet. "So what are we talking about?" I ask him.