Chapter 8: It's Go Time

Maddy's POV:

As we packed everything neatly into the car, Shannon whispered to me:

'He still loves you I promise,' I blushed to myself as Shannon giggled.

She was trying to reassure me, but no matter how hard I tried, my mind kept disagreeing. 'He doesn't love you. He's using you. Don't go. He's not worth it.' those words racing around and around.

We all got in the car and drove off, the atmosphere was very strange. Everyone was feeling the pressure, the anxiety and stress. This was a real rollercoaster for me, I wasn't expecting to come home and have to go save my 'best friend' from my ex-best friend and a manic scientist.

'Guys, I'm so glad you're my friends,' Tom said, in a soft, sad tone.

'And if anything happens-'

'Nothing will,' Shannon cut in and glared at Tom.

'I love you guys,' Tom finished, tearing up.

'We love you too,' me and Shannon smiled, all of us crying by this point, while we hugged. Mum sat in the front, you could tell she was touched by what Tom had said as you could see her eyes 'watering' in the side mirror.

'Let's go save these useless boys!' I yelled through my tears, as everyone cheered back laughing.

Jana's POV:

The boys wouldn't stop arguing over who's fault it was for Maddy coming back or Maddy leaving. They had been at it for hours and it was starting to bug me. I marched up to the cell.

'IF YOU 2 DON'T STOP ARGUING I AM GOING TO PUT YOU IN SEPARATE ROOMS THEN YOU WILL BE LONELY AND BORED.' I screamed at them showing my teeth and growling, proving I am the alpha, whether they liked it or not.

'At this rate we will be stuck in here forever,' Rhydian spat at me.

I growled louded, as he flashed his eyes and snarled.

I sniffed the air, I caught a hold of a scent, somewhat recognisable,I was unsure who it was, part of me thought it was Maddy's ,but it wasn't, sadly.

'Jana hurry over here, something fascinating has occurred in the blood sample you gave me.' Alex Kincaid called over. I leapt up and ran through to the lab.

Rhydian's POV:

As Jana ran away, I turned to see Mr Smith edges away from the window, sniffing?

'What on earth are you doing?' I questioned. He looked at me and smiled. It was the first time he had smiled at me in a while.

'We have visitors,' he whispered at me as we saw Mrs Smith, Tom, Shannon and Maddy! Maddy... climb up the side of the building and bust through the window. I was amazed to see them, well most of them. I was terrified if Jana caught them here it would be game over.

Shannon's POV:

This cell was traumatic to look at all the poor dead wolfbloods, we all gathered round to tell the others how we were gonna get out of this hell hole. 

'So we can't go out the window as it would be too obvious and quite noisy, they probably know we are already here, so lets not make it easy for them to find us.' I explained.

'Then how do we get out?' Mr Smith asked.

'Well, Mr Smith, Mrs Smith, Maddy and Rhydian will go down the left staircase and meet us at the bottom of the front steps, Mrs Smith will tell you the rest of the plan when you get there, you need to go asap as you are the main targets, Tom and I will create a distraction if needed and hopefully lead them away, understood.' I whispered.

'It's go time!' Mr Smith clapped his hands and as we all headed for the door, Rhydian and Maddy at the back, Mr and Mrs Smith at the front, Tom and I going in the opposite direction.

We arrived at the lab front, checking for the whereabouts of Dr Whitewood and her 'friends'. They were there, it was perfect, Alex on the observer and Whitewood fiddling with the microscope assessing some sort of sample, Jana was just sat spamming some buttons on what looked like a computer setup with many monitors. Tom and I quickly turned and ran down the right staircase, it was a risky procedure but we pulled it off. We headed for the front steps. WE HAD DONE IT! WE HAD SAVED THEM! So we thought...

Maddy's POV:

We ran down the stairs like there was a lion at our feet, it felt as if we had been running forever. It got to a point where we could rest and walk, 'finally', I thought. We all slowed down, mum and dad were quite a bit in front of me and Rhydian, which was a great thing, as they had a 'thing' for us, they only weird thing was the fact dad kept turning around and staring at Rhydian like he had done something wrong.

It was extremely awkward though, like extremely awkward. We both kept looking at each other, making eye contact , then looking away, my brain telling me not to bother, but my heart telling me to go for it. I was sure his was doing the same, otherwise he would have said something, right?

All of a sudden, mum and dad froze.

'Mum why did we stop-' I cut off by a rather angry looking Jana, 'oh snap,'

Mum and dad snarled and growled at her, Rhydian and I shared a worried glance. What on earth are we gonna do now? 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Authors note: word count: 912

What do you think is gonna happen next?