Chapter 26 ~ Liam

Chapter 26 ~ Liam

Leaving the hospital wasn’t that hard as I though. I truly believed paps were going to be outside waiting for me to come to hit me with all the questions and rumours, but apparently security and the hospital managed to let us leave for another exit so we didn’t find any paparazzo there. Though they were outside my place and they caught some pictures of Mum, Darcy and I leaving my girlfriend’s car. I just know they took some pictures and I’m mentally preparing myself for all the gossips that will come. The good thing is that Darcy doesn’t have twitter nor any other kind of social network, so she won’t see any sort of hatred through the Internet.

By the time we’re in front of my door, I can’t stop the smile from showing on my lips. I’ll take care of the gossips later, when they come. For now, I’m just so happy to be home again. I was so tired of the hospital, of being in a bed the whole day only allowed to move to go to the toilet. I feel free now, even though I still have to take it slow and carefully. I’m not in the hospital and that’s all I can care about.

We cross the door and I never release Darcy’s hand. I’m just so happy to have her with me. She certainly has made all this more bearable and I’m more than grateful with her because even if she can’t do anything to change my condition, she’s there to smile and give me the strengths to face all what is happening. I knew from the moment she said her first word to me that she was a special girl, and she’s just proved it this week that was literally hell for me.

But my surprise leaves me speechless when all I see the moment I step into my home is all my friends around exclaim in unison “Welcome home, Liam!” There’s everyone, all the lads, Lou, Lux, Paul, Andy, Eleanor, Perrie, Carter, Lizzie and Brit.

I look at them not believing what my eyes see, but they are there, smiling happily that I’m out of the hospital. Darcy squeezes my hand tenderly and that gives me my speech back. “Guys, wow. I– I– I’m so happy to see you all. Thank you!”

“Finally we can be all in one place without a nurse asking us to be quiet,” Louis states with relief clear in his voice and his statement makes everyone laugh.

“You can eat anything you want,” Darcy whispers in my ear. “I made sure all the food fulfils the requirements pointed by the doctor. And I bet you won’t notice the difference,” she adds and I turn around to look at her, my eyes intently at her. This only means she is involved with all this, making sure I could enjoy the party without having to care about it.

Without even trying to make it more subtle, I wrap my arms around her and bring her close, not wanting to let her go. She knows that the biggest reason why all this happened is because I wanted to feel normal, to do all the things the lads were doing and she’s helping me out to don’t feel like an outcast again. I can’t thank her enough for this little help.

“Don’t PDA in front of us, please!” Louis begs and that gets me to pull away from Darcy and I’s embrace. I turn around making sure to keep an arm around her shoulders so she won’t leave my side.

Before I can reply something to the Doncaster boy, Brit comes running to my side, demanding attention immediately. She’s more energetic than the last time I saw her, jumping and licking my hands, biting my trousers, desperate to grab something, to have me close. I kneel and scratch her behind the ears, putting our faces together and she makes sure to lick all my face. I hear some ews and some aws here and there before I rise to my feet, with a happy Brit next to me. Soon everyone approaches to greet me like Brit did, minus the licking part.

After that, it’s just to have some fun and catch up. Everyone is happy to have me back and in a way better shape. I feel better, though I still get tired easily but I just have to be carefully. I’ve been through this before, my body will get used to this rhythm again and everything will be fine. I’m hopeful it will be like that.