Chapter 2: Hm, I think we are op.

**AN**
8 views already on this book, so going to go ahead and start this next chapter! Nothing much to say. Hope you enjoy.

Leave a like please 🤗

**Chapter begin**

For the time being, we decided to try our hand at the simplest magic we could. The textbook included both incantations and magic circle spells. Since the former was now mainstream, and we honestly had nothing to draw a magic circle with, we opted to start by studying the incantations.

As we understood it, as the scope of a spell got larger, the invocations involved got longer, until you eventually needed to use a magic circle in concert. But we thought, if we were starting out with simpler things, we ought to be fine.

The most proficient of wizards, the book said, could cast spells without incanting anything at all-or drastically shorten the incanting time at the very least. I wasn't sure why training allowed people to circumvent the incantation, though. After all, the amount of someone's magical power didn't change; there was no leveling up and no corresponding increase to maximum MP. Maybe with training, the amount of MP spent on the spell decreased? But spending less MP wouldn't make the process less involved, would it?

Who knows how much of that is actually factual. But for now it's all we can go off of.

Well, anyway. Whatever the case, we just needed to give it a shot.

I decided it would be easier for Rudy to try first since we know for sure he might carry the magic gene due to our mother.

"Good luck." I said to him, he nodded at me.

With A Textbook of Magic in his left hand, he held out his right and began to recite the words.

"Let the vast and blessed waters converge where thou wilt and issue forth a single pure stream thereof- Waterball!"

A sphere of water began to form in his hand. My eyes widened in shock, he was actually doing it.

"Guh!" He yelped as Rudy felt a strange feeling, and a moment later, the ball of water fell and splattered onto the floor.

"Rudy! You okay?" I said, expressing my concern. He looked back at me and gave me a serious look, "It looks like concentration was required in order to maintain a spell. Let me try one more time, Wilb."

I nodded my head.

If he believed he could do it. I'll trust him.

Rudy closed his eyes once more, he held out his right hand, forming an image in his head as he recalled how things had gone the last time.

We weren't sure how much magical power he had, but we figured that he couldn't just keep using it over and over. Our plan was to practice one thing at a time until we could pull it off.

Rudy stood in his position, you can tell he was deeply concentrated. The anticipation was sickening.

"Hah!" he cried out in pure reflex as his hand shot out before me, his fingers spread. In that instant, the ball of water came into being.

"Whoa, what?"

Splish.

In that moment of shock, the ball of water plopped to the floor.