Chapter 15: Change... (part 1 of 2)

A/N

Jeez, the long-awaited chapter huh? 15 Chapters one may not think that is a lot, but considering the word count I've put into this book is wild. Nearing part 2 of season 1, this will be a very important two-parter. I appreciate the patience y'all given and I hope my improved writing and drawing was worth the journey you all have taken with me. Hope you are all doing well, and having a wonderful day.

Update on myself, trying to finish up college, one more semester until my graduation, and learning how to navigate the world as a self-aware narcissist haha (diagnosed with NPD), but luckily I have a wonderful partner who is very patient with me and helps me along the way. Other than being broke, I could say I am living a good life so far.

Anyway, let's get into the chapter.

Chapter Begin

About a week after Eris's birthday party, Rudy and I are in the Greyrat estate's library, surrounded by towering shelves filled with books on various subjects. We were both searching for a translation reference for the Demon-God Language book that Rudy recently purchased. Although Roxy's notes have been helpful, we both were eager to learn more and expand our knowledge so we wanted more reference material to speed things along.

As I scan the shelves, I begin to hear the sound of footsteps approaching. I turn to see Philip walking towards me, a casual expression on his face. "Ah, Lord Philip. Good to see you," I say, greeting him with a nod.

Rudy greets Phillip as well, "Lord Phillip, I was wondering if you could help us out. I bought this book the other day, and we're trying to find a translation reference for it. Do you know where we could find one?" He holds up the Demon-God Language book for Philip to see.

Philip raises an eyebrow as he looks at the book, his expression becoming intrigued. "A book on the Demon-God Language, you say? That's a rare find. I believe I might have just the thing you're looking for." Philip leads me and Rudy to a section of the library that I've never noticed before. The books here are much older and more worn, and the language on their spines is unfamiliar. Philip pulls out a large tome and blows the dust off its cover. "This is the 'Compendium of Lost Languages," he says, handing it to Rudy. "If I may ask why are you guys learning Demon-God Language," he looks toward me, "As I recall you were also learning Beast-God Language?"

Philip's question hangs in the air for a moment as Rudy and I exchange glances. Rudy clears his throat and responds, "Well, you know, we just wanted to learn another new language for future benefit. It's always good to have more skills, right?"

I gave Phillip a confirmed nod, agreeing with what Rudy was saying, "Yeah, exactly."

Philip's eyes narrow slightly, sensing that there might be more to the story. "I see," he says, although his tone suggests that he doesn't entirely believe Rudy's explanation. "Well, I hope you find what you're looking for in this compendium."

Phillip takes another moment to look at me and Rudy, as his usual mischievous expression takes over, "You know, I'm impressed by you two," that caused Rudy and I to raise a brow, "I really do think you two will be of some use." he states vaguely, and ominously.

Me and Rudy shudder comedically, as we both kind of just nod our heads. Suddenly, the three of us hear a voice coming from the halls. Searching for her husband, Lady Hilda whom I've met like once since I've been here, opens the door to find Phillip, Rudy, and I standing in the library.

Rudy and I bow courteously, I notice Rudy glancing up trying to get a good look at Hilda's rack, I mentally sigh, as I know what is going on in that little head of his. Though to be fair, she's stacked.

I also detected Hilda's face in antagonistic disgust at Rudy as he was not as inconspicuous as he thought.