Chapter 8: W-Wow/Rudy's Resolve

*A/N*

Why not throw another chapter out? Let's get into it. I'll keep it around 2.5-3k words.

***Chapter Begin***

We just finished reading Roxy's letter.

"You do like her, huh? Her and Sylph so far in your harem." I laughed lightly.

Rudy is a bit of a freak, he keeps underwear he stole from Roxy under his mattress. He doesn't think I'm aware he has it, but I am. Waiting for a good day to throw that at him if he acts up.

Rudy flushes a bit at the joke, but he doesn't deny the accuracy of it, either. If he was being honest, then his feelings for Roxy were getting stronger every day. What's more, he was starting to wonder if it could become something as serious as love one day.

Rudy laughs a bit in response to the joke, but he doesn't quite know what to say. "I suppose I do," Rudy admits. He's a little sheepish about it, but Rudy is open about his feelings. He doesn't have anything to hide.

"I gotta go to the bathroom, Rudy. I'll be back."

I get off my bed and head out of the room. I enjoyed the downstairs bathroom as it was the biggest and the most comfortable. At least to me, and truth be told it was the closest to Lilia.

;)

I make my way toward the bathroom, and I see Lilia's door cracked. She had a small lantern that cast her shadow through the crack of her door. It looked like her shadow was moving in a way she was washing or drying herself off. My brown skin flushed a bit thinking about Lilia's naked body.

I knew this was awful, but at the same time, there's a small part of me that can't help but feel a little bit excited and curious. I didn't want to intrude on her privacy, but it is certainly an interesting...and slightly embarrassing situation.

Well, you know what they say, you only live once. 

I take the risk and take a peek through the crack. Luckily, I have been working on my <<Silent Stepping>>. So, my steps were undetectable. 

Curse my pre-teen mind.

I turn 13 in a month though, so curse these teenage thoughts.

F*ck it,

Looking through the crack, I catch just a glimpse of Lilia as she was washing herself.

My eyes pop wide with surprise and my blush quickly deepens

My eyes pop wide with surprise and my blush quickly deepens. I almost fall backward in shock, but I hold my balance.

Truly, my heart was racing. I never thought I would bare witness to something so great, early on in my youth.

I made one subtle mistake, in that one second I dropped my step, Lilia heard that. She was a very skilled swordsman once upon a time ago, before her injury, remember?