Thirty-One

Tobias, Alvin, Manta, and I went to the cinema. A movie that Alvin was so hyped for was showing and he had to take us with him for "company." But part of me were also looking forward for the movie, so I guess that counts us two for being hyped.

We were walking inside the theatre when Tobias told us he forgot to buy our drinks. So he ran off.

"I just noticed that he's way too forgetful for a twenty-one-year-old man." Alvin said.

"Don't say that. That's mean." Manta said.

"Oh, sorry. But still-"

"Not all people have good memories, Alvin." I said.

He shrugged. "That's fair. You know one time I went to school only to realize that I don't have my boxers on. I was on seventh grade." A group of girls walk passed us and I'm pretty sure they heard what Alvin said.

"What the fuck?"

Manta smacked him on the head. "You could've told us another example."

"Well, that's the only experience that I had. Luckily no one bothered to point that out on me."

"Why the fuck would people care if you have boxers on or not?" I said.

"'Cause people are like that, Elliot. They fiddle on other people's lives for their own entertainment."

"Not with you walking around whether you have your undies on."

"You don't have an underwear?" Tobias popped out from behind-and we yelped out of shock.

"I do! I was telling them a story!" Alvin said.

"Oh, I always have underwear on."

"This conversation is getting weirder." I forgot how cold it was inside the theatre. Too bad I only wore a shirt and a jacket.

Then we're off to our seats and settled ourselves. Alvin told Tobias the reason why he mentioned the underwear incident. And Tobias, as the man he was, just laughed it off and told Alvin that it was all fine.

We waited for a few more minutes-and then the movie started.