Twelve

The whole squad followed the list of things that we're gonna do and it was all going well so far. Squad. I'm glad I can use that word now. I have friends. Can you believe that? Elliot Hamilton, a young adult man with friends. It's weird, but weirdly fun.

When we arrived at the Eiffel Tower, I couldn't help but stare at it for a long time. It's weird to see it in person. Unlike staring at it on a picture, seeing it close with my two naked eyes, it's just plain weird. But it was exquisite...?

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

"En effet (Indeed)." I kept staring at the tower. Part of me knows that Tobias wasn't. When I looked at him, I was right. "The attraction is just in front of us, Mr. Antoine."

"I'm more attracted to what I'm looking at right now."

"Being cheesy will make you weirder."

"What if I am already weirder?"

"Sucks for me, I guess."

Tobias frowned. "What does that even mean?"

"It means that he will be upset. 'Cause Elliot here is a very competitive person." Alvin patted my shoulder and smiled.

"Well, I'll for sure try to not be weirder." Now Tobias also had the same smile.

"Okay, great. My boyfriend and my best friend are teaming up on me. What could go wrong?"

"Everything." They both said and laughed together. It's fun seeing them this way, not when I'm being dissed. I've always liked the sight of them bonding together.

"Did you guys know that the Eiffel Tower was built for two years, two months, and five days? And it took three hundred workers for it to be finished." Benedict was indeed the kind of guy who knows too much and talks too much. But we got used to it.

Nico. "No. Did you?"

"Well-" Benedict made a face. "Of course, I did. I literally just told you!"

"Did you also know that sarcasm exists?"

"Do you even know what that word means?"

"It's the way to make idiot people realize they're actually idiots without them actually realizing it."

"I just stated history right in front of you, I'm not an idiot."

"You didn't know what I said was sarcasm. You're an idiot."

They kept bickering until Manta, of course, stepped in and prevented them from doing any other thing. It's a normal sight to witness them like that. Nico and Benedict didn't really like each other that much, but that didn't stop them from being friends.

I like to think that people that rival with each other can be like that. There could be countless arguments between them, nonstop debating for various reasons, but that wouldn't stop them from bonding with each other. Just because people are fighting with each other doesn't mean they hate one another. Not at all times.

***

We actually ate more french dishes. It's not that I didn't like all of it. I did like some, but I'm still more of a burger and fries kind of guy. I ended up eating more croissants.

We kept doing the things that we listed. We kept crossing out the things we have done. We were enjoying our little getaway.