Eleven

I fucking passed.

I FUCKING PASSED.

I DID FUCKING PASS.

I realized that I was screaming those words out loud that my friends would probably disown me without a reason. But who cares?

I PASSED.

One more good thing is that my friends also passed. We're now a group of passers. Everyone's faces were lit up with joy. I loved seeing them happy. It made me happy too.

Tobias had to leave early because of work. He said he's going to get his results through email so he had nothing to worry about.

I reached for my phone first thing and dialed his number. There were a few rings before he answered.

"Hello?"

"Tobias!" I might have screamed.

"Woah, calm down. What's the matter?"

"Sorry, sorry. Are you on break right now?"

"It just started, yes. Why?"

"Cool. Wait for me there." I hung up.

I immediately ran off from the campus without even looking back to my friends. And then I had realized that I don't have my skateboard anymore so I do need to run from the school to the coffee shop.

Good thing it wasn't that far and I could handle running for a few minutes.

I pushed the door open once I arrived and made my way to the counter. "Uh, excuse me?" I said. An Indian lady with smooth brown skin came to my view.

"Good afternoon, sir. Can I help you?" she said.

"Ah, yes. Do you know where Tobias is?"

"Tobias Antoine?"

I might have frozen a bit trying to process how to pronounce his last name. "Yes, him." I said. Though I wasn't sure. Is that really his last name?

"Oh! Perfect timing. He's on break right now and you can find him outside on the back."

"Cool. Thanks."

"No problem. Have a good day!"

"You too." I said and ran outside.

I immediately found Tobias sitting at a curve. He was eating something.

"Hey!" I said.

He looked at me and smiled. "Hey."

"What're you doing here?"

"Eating a snack. I told you I'm on break."

"Why don't you sit in one of the empty tables inside?"

"I was waiting for you."

Hold it back. Hold it back. Hold it back. "Miss me that much?" I smiled. Fuck. "You could've waited me inside."

Tobias grinned. "There are too many people."

I laughed. "Yeah, there are."

The world was silent. Why does the world love to tease me all the time? I was feeling so nervous. I didn't know why. Then, "So, what's up?" he said.

I pulled my phone out and showed him the picture of my grades that I took. He stared at it for a split second. I almost thought he wasn't believing what he was seeing. Then his face lit up, he looked like a happy kid.

"You passed?" he said.

"I passed."

"You fucking passed?"

"Yes! I fucking passed!" We sounded like two kids shouting at each other, but not because we were fighting, but because we were happy. Happy as fuck.

Tobias and I repeated what we said. He, not surprisingly, passed too.

Everything went really fast suddenly. Like a blur in an image. Yet it wasn't the blur that looked bad, instead it made the image more cool. And in that image, the only thing that was clear was Tobias and I hugging in excitement and pure happiness.

It might be weird, but I didn't care. What mattered at the moment was our happiness.

"I was right, wasn't I?" Tobias said. We pulled away from each other. Though part of me didn't want to. "You did good."

"Yeah, I did." I said. "And you did as well."

"Now you're a nerd too."

"You wish."

We laughed again.

"We should celebrate."

"Okay." I said. "How?"

He smiled. "Just be ready. I'll meet you at your house at seven," he said.

"Alright."

"Alright." He smiled again.