Chapter 4

~Third Person P.O.V~

Over the next few months, Izuku's training results skyrocketed due to him finally needing what he was lacking.... Confidence. Confidence in his abilities... confidence in his training... confidence in himself as a whole. Vegeta was surprised at first that the timid boy went from meek and small to a prideful man overnight and thus decided to up the training, now two of the three training days a week were destruction and ki training. He wasn't improving massively within one day, however within five months he had improved more then he had in the last four years all due to this simple change of mindset. At the start he was still a bit nervous, but now he was quite a spitting image of Vegeta.

He had confidence, destruction and pride at the forefront of his mind at most given opportunities. Of course when he was relaxed he switched off the destruction part, for example when he hangs out with his girlfriends. He almost never stuttered unless they made a surprising move on him or if they said something genuinely heartfelt... and within this five months, he had yet to cry once. He vowed to himself that his weakness wouldn't be shown again, he'd become an amazing hero without having others worry about him.

Currently Izuku's location was on Vegeta's planet, they had just finished the day of battle theory and Izuku always took in something new. Izuku had some of his bottled water as he leant back on the floor, placing his hands behind him as he saw Vegeta approach.

Vegeta: "... Izuku."

Izuku turned his head to Vegeta and gave a soft yet arrogant smirk. It was a surprise that Vegeta used his first name for the first time... but he decided to reply with a snarky and sarcastic comment instead. He knew when he had to be serious and this wasn't one of those times.

Izuku: "What's with the first name? A destroyer shouldn't be so soft."

Vegeta would of originally been shocked by comments like this, however Izuku had gradually changed in the last five months and Vegeta had gotten used to that change. The biggest change was in month one where as stated before, Izuku went from a nerd to a warrior.

Vegeta: "Like you can talk with your girlfriends. But anyways, you've improved greatly as of late. That is why I will now be using your first name, it's a sign of respect. So you can also drop the 'sensei' after my name."

Upon hearing this, Izuku nodded and put his fist out to bump with Vegeta's. The fact that he had earned Vegeta's proper respect now was something he would forever treasure but never admit.

Izuku: "If you say so Vegeta."

Said teacher then met his fist bump, returning  it with a smirk of his own. A nice silence came over the two of them as the wind gently blew both their hair. A few second later and they pulled away as Vegeta took a more teacher like stern tone before speaking.

Vegeta: "There is five months left until the UA exam, after that I won't be able to help you anymore due to how strict your days will be and my duties as a destroyer that i have neglected. These next five months will be the worse yet and we will try to get your destruction, ki and battle prowess to a much higher level. Tuesday will no longer be a rest day. Understand?"

He phrased that like an offer, but Izuku knew it was a command. He didn't have any reason to deny it though, he wanted to surpass Katsuki and actually be on the level of Shoka and Katsumi... hopefully this would help him do so. With Katsuki having All Might's quirk in his back pocket, he couldn't afford to slack now.

Izuku: "Right!"

—————————————

Currently Izuku was on his way to his girlfriends house, this time is was specifically Katsumi's since Shoka's father didn't ever want any guests around for reasons unknown to Izuku. As he was walking, he made his way under a tunnel with his hands in the pockets. In the past either Katsumi or Shoka would be walking home with him since it 'wasn't safe'... however now he was treated by them normally, it was never their fault. Just he was weak, but now he isn't. The thought of that improvement alone is enough to put a prideful grin on Izuku's face, this was cut off though by the sewer lid behind him flying off with a voice.