Chapter Eighteen

*HANNA'S POV*

Once I woke up, I was scared to open my eyes. Scared of where I was. Scared of the severety of the accident. Scared of the future. I wished I never had to open my eyes. That none of this happened.

That Niall was okay. 

The thought of Niall caused me to sit up instantly shouting his name. A tremendous amount of pain coursed through my body making me scream from agony. 

"Hannah!" Liam had been sleeping on a chair next to my hospital bed. He immediately stood up and carefully pushed me back down. The pain was unbearable. "Your ribs are strained." He said. He stood there awkwardly and within seconds I found myself in Liam's tight embrace.

"You scared me to death" He whispered against my ear. He pulled back enough to be looking right into my eyes, both of his hands cupping my face. "What would I do without you, Hannah?" He said in apparent pain, holding my face tighter between his hands like he was making sure I was really here, with him. 

I didn't respond. I couldn't think of anything else but Niall. But I was scared to ask if he was okay. As much as I hated Niall, the thought of losing him made my eyes watter. 

"Is... Is Niall okay?" My voice cracked from the overwhelming emotions. Liam looked at me deeply. His eyes were wide open at first, but suddenly shut tight. 

Once he re-opened them, they were red and glistening. 

"Liam?" A tear rolled down my cheek. "Is he okay?" I tried to speak louder, only causing my voice to diminish in strength.

"He's in coma, Hannah" He whispered trying to control his voice.

_____________________

A couple hours later, I was discharged from the hospital. Liam was pushing me in a wheel-chair. The doctor forbid any physical activity and ordered me to rest in bed for at least 2 days. I didn't bargain with that because I can't stretch how painful it was just to carry me to the wheel-chair. 

Liam stopped in front of the passenger seat of a big BMW. He opened the door and positioned himself in front of me "Ready?" He asked. I nodded. He hoisted me making me cringe in agony and put me down on the car seat. He put the wheel-chair in the trunk and got in the car.

"Hannah... You have the right to be upset" he said. I stayed quiet, looking out the window. I felt his eyes bore in my back. I didn't answer him because I was too confused. The pain from knowing Niall was in coma was unimaginable. I was confused as to why I was so upset. Like a part of me had been torn. But I wasn't about to tell Liam that, if I couldn't even accept and understand it myself. 

I also had a hard time understanding why Niall was in coma while all I had was a little rib strain, bruises and cuts. 

Eventually, Liam started the car and drove off.

___________________________

Liam dropped me off on Niall's bed. I stared at him. 

"Hannah... What happened in there?" He sat down next to me on the bed.

I took a deep breath "I don't know. I woke up to Niall shouting at the driver. I've never seen him so angry in my life." I thought for a second "Well, except..." I instantly regretted even starting that sentence.

"When it came to you with another guy." He whispered. I looked down at my hands.

"Yeah..." I mumbled. "Uhm... Anyways... Next thing I know I'm waking up in a hospital" I said quietly. We were both quiet for a short moment, until Liam broke the silence,

"So... You really don't remember anything while you were out?" He asked

I shook my head but stopped promptly "Actually... Yes. I do remember one thing..." I said trying hard to remember it. 

"What is it?" Liam questioned

"A... Melody." I said

"A melody?" He seemed surprised.

I nodded "I heard this one melody over and over again in my head. But I have no clue where it's from."

"Do you remember the rhythm?" He asked. 

I shook my head disappointed. "Doesn't matter. It's probably unimportant but yeah that's the only thing I remember."

"Alright. Well, I'll let you rest, princess." He smiled and leaned down to kiss my forehead. He stood up and headed towards the door "Oh! I almost forgot" He walked back to the bed. "Here" He said handing me a metallic object.

"What is that?" I asked holding it. "Looks like a camera" I turned it around searching for a screen but there wasn't one.

"I'd take a guess it's a spy camera" Liam said. I looked at him

"Why are you giving me this?" 

"It was found in the car. A doctor gave it to me thinking it was yours. Shout my name if you need me, love" He said and left. 

I stared at the camera for a while. I felt a loose part at the back of the camera. I pulled on it and it revealed a USB plug. I looked around Niall's room and saw a laptop on top of a dresser next to the bed. I reached out for it causing an unbearable amount of pain due to my ribs. I kept trying, clenching my teeth as hard as possible to stop myself from screaming. My fingers touched the edge of the laptop. I pulled it closer to me along the drawer until I was able to grab it and drop it next to me. 

I was breathing heavily. My ribs hurt like hell. 

Once part of the pain vanished, I opened the laptop and plugged in the camera. I looked at the screen and immediately covered my mouth in shock. 

Niall's background was a picture of us kissing on our first Valentine's Day together. Niall had both his hands on my waist while mine were in his hair. I noticed Niall smiling in the kiss. 

My eyes stung at the memory. 

I decided to forget this picture and clicked to view the camera content. I selected the very last video. 

The camera was pointing to the backseat of the car. A few minutes later, the door opened and Niall leaned in the car, holding me in his arms. He put me down carefully before hopping in. He rested my head on his lap, stroking my hair. 

Then happened what I least expected.

He started singing to me.

"Girl I see it in your eyes, you're disappointed. Cause I'm the foolish one that you anointed with your heart, I tore it apart. And girl, what a mess I made upon your innocence. And no women in the world deserves this. But here I am; asking you for one more chance. 

Can we fall, one more time? Stop the tape, and rewind? And if you walk away I know I'll fade cause there is nobody else..."

"[...] It's gotta be you" He whispered, his head nuzzled against my neck. 

I was petrified. Had Niall meant those words? Was that how he really felt? I really couldn't tell. But one thing I was sure of:

That was the melody.

___________________________________

I'm really sorry for the slow update :S Honestly, this was difficult to write after the intense ending of the last chapter ^^ 

But I can't thank you guys enough. Over 130 comments and 210 votes on the last chapter. Are you serious?! This means so much! Like always, I read every single comment and URGH YOU GUYS ARE JUST AMAZING !! <33