Chapter Thirteen

*Liam’s POV*

I made my way up to Hannah's room. The boys have been keeping me for over an hour. I hope Hannah went to sleep alright. I opened the door and gasped.

She wasn’t in her room.

I closed the door and started walking staring at the floor.

I bumped into someone. I instinctively looked up. My eyes widened

“N-niall” I stuttered.

“L-liam” He mimicked me and rolled his eyes.

“Where’s Hannah?” I felt my head spin and my palms get sweaty. I noticed we were standing right in front of Niall’s bedroom door. He was just standing there, grinning.

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!” I grabbed a strong hold of the collar of his shirt, lifted him up and slammed him against the door. He winced at first but soon washed any expression off his face.

“I made a little change. Hannah will stay in my room from now on. That’s the cost to disregarding my orders and letting her out of her cuff. Not to mention moving her to your room” He glared at me. I loosened my grasp letting him stumble on the floor.

I was about to open the door when Niall pushed me out of the way. I grabbed Niall and pushed him against the wall. I grabbed hold of the doorknob before being tackled to the ground.

“What are you hiding, Niall?” I said angrily through clenched teeth. To my surprise, his expression softened. He was about to speak when we heard someone come in through the front door downstairs and all the boys shout at once.

Niall let go of me and stood up. I did the same and, curiosity getting the best of us, we both peaked over the stair-rail which gave us a view of the front door, the main hallway and part of the living room and kitchen downstairs.

"NIALL, LIAM ! GET YER ARSES DOWN HERE!" Louis shouted. Niall and I exchanged a glance and decided to go greet Simon, putting our feud on hold.

"Hello, boys" Simon smiled as we descended the stairs.

"Hey" We both said except Niall spoke with enthusiasm while I didn't hide my gloom.

"Everything alright, Liam?" Simon raised an eyebrow, concerned. I felt Niall glare right through me.

"I'm fine" I shrugged.

I wasn't.

Simon looked at me deeply before getting back to the point of his visit.

"So" He smacked his hands together "I'm here to talk to you about the event tomorrow…"

Shit! I completely forgot about that. With all that's been going on lately, this was the last thing I was preoccupied of. I looked at Niall; he seemed as frustrated as I was.

The event in question was this premiere for some movie in Dublin. Simon flew here yesterday to attend it with us. It's really just to make sure we don't fool around. Simon kept blabbing, and making big hand gestures.

"… and paparazzi. BEHAVE." He pointed a threatning finger at Louis.

I tuned him out again.

My mind was set on Hannah.

This was my entire fault. I promised her I would protect her and I didn't live up to that.

I absentmindedly looked at Niall while all the boys had their full attention on Simon. He was looking down at his fidgeting fingers. He seemed lost in deep thought. I wondered what it was that got him so preoccupied.

*NIALL'S POV*

I shook the thought out of my head and noticed Liam staring at me. He quickly looked away when he saw me looking back. I decided to just focus on Simon.

"Now, the real reason why I'm here…" He said and looked at me profoundly. "I want Niall to appear with a date."

My eyes widened, and so did the lads'. "W-why me?"

"Yeah. Why him?" Harry glared at Simon.

"It's quite simple. Everybody knows Louis and Zayn have got girlfriends, that Harry is a flirt and that Liam just recently ended a long-term relationship. What they don't know about is Niall's girlfriend-"

"Which he doesn't have" Liam cut him. I glared at him.

"Doesn't matter. All that counts is what is seen. Doesn't have to be true. All I want is for your attendance at the premiere to stand out. And I think you showing up with an unknown girlfriend would really give you a heap of attention." He said.

"So how exactly is he supposed to get a girlfriend by tomorrow?" Zayn asked confused. Simon shrugged his shoulders

"You know what, Simon, I know exactly the girl" I smirked. I saw Liam's expression drop from the corner of my eye

"I knew I could count on you!" Simon patted my shoulder roughly "Who's the lass?" He asked

"Niall…" I heard Liam mumble through clenched teeth. I noticed his fists were clenched, too.

I ignored him, smiling wider "Just a girl I once had a thing with."

"Ah" He nodded "Think she'll agree?"

I put a hand on his shoulder and guided him towards the door "You know, Simon, I have a feeling she'll comply" I smirked to myself. 

_________________

Hope you guys liiiiked :D I'm back in Morocco and missing 2 days of school so I decided to finish this chappie for you guys!! I'll try to update soon! 

xx