Chapter 18

Callisto POV

The first kiss I'd ever entered into of my own free will was.... amazing.

It was like a film of bliss fell over me, starting at my lips and taking over my body. I wrapped my arms around Mitchell's neck and pushed my body into his, as close as I could get. His arms came around me and squeezed, trying to meld us into one being. I heard him groan, and felt a sense of womanly satisfaction at the reaction I could pull from him.

"Mum?"

Oh Jesus.

I forgot my kids were in the room behind me, in clear view of the demonstration I was putting on.

I ripped myself from Mitchell's arms, and felt my face flaming with embarrassment.

"Mum, what were you doing?" Apollo spoke from behind me. I turned to face him and saw his confused little face.

"It's something grown-ups do to show each other affection, little man." Mitchell spoke from behind me, and I was grateful for it. I had been at a loss of words. I'd never imagined I would have to explain to my babies what kissing was.

"Oh, Otay. Mum, we're hungry!" Apollo dismissed the incident with a child's innocence.

I was use to the amazing appetites of my kids, but obviously no one else would be. I turned back to my mate to see his surprised face.

"How much do they eat a day? They just had something to eat not forty-five minutes ago!"

I chuckled at his words. He had no idea.

"My kids eat at least twice the amount of food that I imagine a normal grown werewolf would need a day. I've chalked it up the the vampire blood. They've been like this since the were born. As babies, their diet was half breast milk, half raw meat. They had the cutest sets of teeth, with little vampire fangs."

He looked at me like I was delusional, and it just made me laugh harder.

"It's a mom thing, don't worry. To a mother, everything about their baby, or babies, is the absolute cutest thing ever. Even a full set of teeth and vampire fangs." I smirked while I spoke, seeing as the confusion on his face didn't abate.

"So what now? Can we go down for more food?" I asked him, hoping to motivate him enough to break the stupified daze he was in.

"Uh. Yeah, sure, we can probably find something for them. Follow me." My plan seemed to have worked, thankfully.

I called the kids to me, and we set off back towards the kitchen. There were more people present this time, and I took the time to study them while still keeping the kids in front of me and behind Mitchell.

Most of them seemed to just be curious, and a handful of females looked at me with what may have been envy. But when anyone noticed my children, their looks turned fearful and they backed away. Just like in their animal forms, as humans their eyes stayed blood red and their incisors were abnormally large. They were also able to move so fast as humans that they couldn't be seen, and jump large distances.

I hated that these people reacted like that. I didn't want my babies to think they were something to be feared, or that they were different in a bad way.

My children are perfect in every way, and I will fight any one of these wolves to the death if they say anything different to my babies' faces.

When we finally got to the kitchen, we had a small crowd behind us. It made me nervous, so I kept looking back to make sure none of them got too close. They crowded around the kitchen door, not coming in all the way, and stood whispering to one another.