ch. 4

The bell rang and we gathered all of our stuff. I grabbed my jacket off the back of my chair and turned to Calum. "Okay, what happened?" 

       "I got hit in the face. It's not that big of a deal!" He said. "I got caught up in the hall with a bunch of... juniors." I tilted my head. 

       "Juniors?" I repeated. He nodded. 

        "Yeah, it was like the whole basketball team." Oh my God, Daniel, you didn't! "I walked out of the gym and tried to cut through the sweaty animals that is that basketball team," I rolled my eyes in agreement. God, the truth in that statement. "And as they were horse playing, one of the guys elbowed me in the face. They didn't even acknowledge it." Calum closed his book and stood up. 

        "Well, what are you gonna tell your mom? Your dad? Your sister?" Calum shrugged. 

       "I'll tell them I got hit in face with a locker door. Just don't mention it, okay?" I nodded. 

        "Alright, fine," I said in agreement.

    "My mom's on her way. You coming?"

       "I'll be there in a minute." He nodded and left the room. Zoey and Roy entered just as Cal left. I paged them back to the desks. "Apparently he got caught up in a sea of jocks and got elbowed in the face," I told them. 

       "You don't think it was Danny, do you?" Zoey asked me as she gathered her stuff. 

        "It might have been. But I'm not so sure." 

        "You know the juniors?" Roy asked me. I laughed as we walked out of the class. 

        "She knows the whole team!" Zoey stated. I looked at her and she gave me a look. Michael and Roy don't know about me dating Daniel. Neither does Calum. As far as he knows, I just know the names of them. 

       "Well, at least he didn't get into a fight!" Roy said. Zoey agreed. 

       "Yeah. So don't mention that around his parents," I said. Zoey and I turn directly to Roy. "Yeah, I'm looking at you, you snitch!" I said. 

       "No! I don't snitch! I tattle!" Roy sassed. 

       "What's the difference?" Zoey asked. Roy laughed. 

      "There is none!" He said in his laugh. I laughed at that. This dude is crazy in the head. We walked out separate ways and headed to my locker where Luke and Michael were. 

      "Hey guys!" I said, greeting them. 

      "Hey!" 

      "What's up?" 

       "Did you know Cal got clocked in the face?" I said, unlocking my locker. Calum groaned. 

       "I got elbowed, not clocked. And two, it was a locker door...got it?" He said, pointing his finger at me.

        "Yeah yeah!" I said, opening my door. Luke laughed at us. 

        "Do you guys have a history or something?" Luke asked. Both Calum and I froze and turned to each others looked at Mike, then at Luke. 

         "What no!"

         "Absolutely not!" 

          "No history is between us!"

          "We literally met last year!" Calum and I said all at once. Michael and Luke looked like they could barley understand anything we just said.