Chapter 38

But all those worries melted away as Tommy places a gentle arm on top of my head, ruffling my hair, and as I look up at him, I see his soft smile and happy gaze on me-- a small comfort that allowed the storm within my own mind to disappear without another trace for the rest of the baking stream.

     By the end of the stream, I was having so much fun that I practically forgot that I was streaming in the first place. All the anxiety that I had felt before had melted away and was replaced with excitement and energy as I felt just as I had always felt when I was streaming-- in my happy place. 

     One thing I can say that stayed consistent throughout the stream though, was my brother's anxiety as he was stationed behind the camera, eyes transfixed on his phone screen at my chat. Niki walked over to him a few times and rested her hands and head on top of his head and peered at what he was doing, mumbling to him things that only they could hear but it always ended with her shaking her head and then walking back to join us on the stream.

     I don't really see what his deal was, I was having fun. As much as I love Jordan, sometimes he can be kind of a buzz kill. 

     "Hey Annie," Tommy started, tapping on my shoulder after I took our brownies and chocolate chip cookies (we couldn't decide on which to bake) out of the oven and quickly tapping the goods with my finger to make sure they're done. 

     "Hmm?" I question, turning my head back towards him. 

     Next thing I know, I have egg dripping from my head, shells and all. 

     I gasp, awestruck at the audacity of these bitches, attempting to keep them from dripping to the floor. The kitchen was already a mess, the counter top looked like it had just been through a war fought with sugar, butter, flour and eggs, and I swear there was not a single surface that was not dusted with flour.

     I hear both Tommy and Tubbo start giggling, thoroughly amused by what they just pulled. 

     Niki, now suddenly seeing the situation, laughs a little. "Oh dear Annie, let me help you with tha-" 

     Before she can say anything else, I pick up two eggs from the counter and immediately chuck them at the two troublemakers that did this to me. 

     Both boys scream, one egg nailing Tommy square in the chest and the other, just barely skimming Tubbo's head as he ducks. I hear a quiet "oh no" from Niki as Tubbo pops up with another egg in hand. Tommy, after recovering from the attack, does the same.

     Finally, Wilbur intercedes. "Oi! You dickheads! What the fuck do you think you're doing? The kitchen is not the place for a fucking world war!"

     I looked at Wilbur, then back at the boys, and then back at Wilbur, and then back at the boys.

    There was silence for a few seconds, until Tommy, Tubbo, and I all grinned.

     "VIVA LA REVOLUTION!" I scream, as loud as I can, hurling an egg at Wilbur, Tommy and Tubbo following in my footsteps.

     Wilbur yelled and began curling himself into a defensive ball position, inevitably leading to Tommy, Tubbo, and I to dog pile on top of him, all laughing so hard our stomach hurts.

     Behind us, I heard Niki laughing. "Alright chat, I've got to get these feral children off of Wilbur so let's end the stream there for now. Bye!"

     There's a chorus of "Bye!!" from the dog pile, before the stream ends and Wilbur is attempting to push us all off of him. 

     Tommy and Tubbo get up not long after leaving me there to continue the revolution alone.

     Wilbur looks at me, acting annoyed, even though there's a playful glint in his eyes, "Annie, if you don't get off of me i'm going to throw you across the house."

     I grin, trying to be a little shithead. "You won't throw shit bitch. And i'll only get off on one condition!"

     He sighs, squeezing the bridge of his nose, "And what is that condition?"

     "Tonight, you have to sing and play your songs for us."

     Wilbur laughs, "Who's to say I wasn't planning on doing that anyways? But yes, I will do that."

     I jump up, shouting my victory. Tommy and Tubbo come over and begin celebrating with me, pulling me into a tight hug and jumping up and down and yelling loudly.

     I felt myself oddly conscious about Tommy's arm wrapped around my shoulders gently, as if he was scared to hurt me. I felt my cheeks flare up slightly as I desperately just try to celebrate this victory with the two boys.

     Jordan finally stands up and dusted a little bit of loose flour from his shirt and hair, clearing his throat, "Alright guys. Let's get this kitchen cleaned up so I can start cooking some lunch for everyone."

     Next thing I knew, Tommy and Tubbo were sprinting off out of the kitchen laughing.

     "First one you catch in hide and seek has to do the most cleaning!" Tubbo yells, disappearing into one of the hallways.

     My eyes grow wide and I look back at the 3 adults behind me.

     My brother is shaking his head while both Niki and Wilbur are smiling. 

     "You have 10 seconds Annie!" Niki claims, cheerfully, her and Wilbur turning around and covering their eyes.

     I spint off, as quickly as I can, dashing upstairs.

     "10... 9..."

     "Shit shit shit where to hide...uhmmmm..."

     "8...7..."

     Panicking, I sprint down the hallway to the closet in Tommy and Tubbo's room, just wanting to be as far from the seekers as possible.

     "6...5...

     I hesitate for a bit. Was this spot good enough to hide in? This wasn't crossing boundaries right?

     "4...3...2..."

      'Fuck it' I thought. I didn't have time to hesitate anymore. I opened the closet door and went to step in.

1... Ready or not here we come!"

     Hands reached out at me and snatched me in, covering my mouth and wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I started to fight back, worried about who it was.

     "Shh Annie it's me, don't give our spot away." I hear a very familiar voice behind me whisper.

     I immediately got butterflies, looking up to see Tommy's dazzling blue eyes looking down at me. 

(Word Count - 1084 Words)