Chapter 34

As I laughed at his cheesy joke, we both fell back into a familiar and comfortable silence, simply enjoying each other's company.

     Not long after that, Tommy and I headed inside and I fell fast asleep, smiling.

The next morning, I woke to both Niki and my brother hovering above me like they had the morning before. This time, they both had huge smiles plastered on their face.

"Jesus Christ-" I say, almost yelling in shock, covering my face partially with the blanket. "You both look like the joker with those smiles, what the hell-"

Both of them laugh and Niki gently places her hand on mine.

"It's your big day Annie! You need to get up and get ready for it!"

I groan, feeling a pit in my stomach as I remember what I had committed myself to doing. "I'm not ready to get upppp." However I suddenly shoot up, making both Niki and Jordan jump back, as I remember that I forgot one important thing. "I don't even have a face cam. Or a filming camera of any kind. "

     The pair exchange a glance, their smiles growing wider.

     "Well," Jordan begins, leaning down to grab something, "you could just use Tommy's camera, buuut we didn't want you to have to do that. SO, Niki and I went to the Best Buy and got you one that you can use for now."

     He pulls out the box and sets it down on my bed and I quickly pick it up, turning it around in my hands. "Holy crap! That's so sick! Thank you guys!" I tell them, looking up at them with a smile.

     "We figured you would like it!" Niki exclaims, resting a hand on mine and her smile remaining soft.

     I smile down at the camera in my hands, beginning to take it out of the box. "Tommy, Tubbo and I will probably set everything up later. Tommy and I talked last night and decided that we're gonna do a cooking stream."

     After a few moments, I realized my mistake in what I said and my eyes grow wide and I turn bright red as I resist the urge to cover my mouth.

     Niki and Jordan however, caught on far quicker than I did, as one of Jordan's eyebrows raise and Niki's eyes fill with confusion.

     "Annie," Jordan begins, "you and Tommy didn't really talk at all last night."

     Suddenly, Niki's eyes fill with realization and she quickly places her arm on my brother's shoulder as he seems to be going into protective brother mode. "She means at the beach I think. It's an easy mistake to make seeing as these past two days have flown by." I watch as she shoots me a glance, telling me to go along with it.

    "Yeah. Tommy, Tubbo and I all talked about it at the beach is what I meant," I tell him, attempting to get him off my trail.

"Uh huh...."

"Jordan! How about you go help Wilbur with breakfast? I think I can hear Tommy and Tubbo waking up now so he'll probably need help," Niki tells him, giving him a warm smile.

I see my brother hesitate for a second, before he simply nods and walks out of the room.

I release a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. "Thank you Niki, I owe you one-"