Chapter 36

I couldn't help but wonder if he was alright, though I knew I couldn't ask him now.

    The rest of breakfast was filled with casual banter between everyone, and the last thing I saw before disappearing upstairs to get ready for the day, was Wilbur with Tommy in a headlock.

I could still hear them until I got into the bathroom where I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

     Today was the day. I was going to be putting my face out there for the entire world to see. The anxiety that had been bubbling up in my chest and stomach since I had told my friends that it was happening, was finally over spilling as tears begin to roll down my cheeks.

     As I gripped the counter, and looked down at the sink, I tried to calm myself down and breathe, but all I could focus on was the thoughts that were swirling in my mind.

     'They're gonna be disappointed.'

    'People are gonna hate you.''

    'You're not good enough.'

    'They're going to be disappointed because it's you.'

    My sobs unconsciously got louder as I sunk down to the floor and pulled my knees to my chest.

'They're gonna hate you.'

'There's nothing about you to like.'

'This will only end badly.'

'You're not worth their time.'

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and I jumped, trying to quickly wipe away the tears that had begun their steady flow down my face.

"Who is it?" I ask, trying to make it as hard to tell that I had been crying as possible.

"Annie?" Tommy's voice rang through clearly, his voice full of concern, making my heart clench. "Is everything alright?"

I take a shaky breath and look at myself in the mirror, knowing damn well I was about to lie. "Yeah... Yeah i'm fine...

There's silence for a second, before I hear him clear his throat. "Come listen to some music with me?"

I cant help but laugh softly at him, a few tears escaping my eyes once more. "I need to get ready for the streammm."

"Well," he starts, obviously choosing his words carefully, "the stream can wait. You seem like you could use some music time."

I sigh and shake my head, knowing he won't let it go until I agree. "Fine, but... Can it just be us?"

"Well I only have two earbuds so that wouldn't work even if I wanted it to."

     I laugh slightly, and open the door, still wiping my eyes. "Alright."

After he sees me, I see worry cover his face but he doesn't say another word about it. He simply leads me with a hand gently on the small of my back to his and Tubbo's room.