Chapter 11

And with that, we hung up.

After I walk out of my room, about to walk downstairs, my brother yells in an attempt to make me jump, standing next to my door.

I jump slightly before hitting his arm. "You absolute BITCH, J. It's too soon after stream for my brain to comprehend real life shit and you know that."

He looks at me confused. "Ann, you got off stream like an hour and a half ago."

I stop and think for a moment. 'Was I really on the phone with Tommy for that long?' I shook my head, dismissing my thoughts. There was no way it was actually that long. He was probably just over exaggerating.

"Buuuuut," he begins, "I did hear you still screaming while on the phone with someone afterwards."

'Uh oh."

His smirk widens as he notes my silence, "Who were you talking to, hmm? You were laughing a whole lot."

I roll my eyes, eager to change the subject. "Piss off, I just wanna go eat." I rush over to the staircase and slide down the railing like normal, hearing my brother close behind me.

As soon as I hop off the railing, I begin to sprint through the living room, leaping over the couch, knowing my brother would be right behind me.

When I turn around, I see him on the other side of the couch, giving me a look.

"You realize that I can literally just step over this couch like it's a stool, right? You can barely even see over the couch."

"SHUT THE HELL UP YOU OVERSIZED GIRAFFE! I AM 5. FOOT. 4. I WILL KICK YOUR ASS."

     "ANNIE ELOISE BELLE! WATCH YOUR MOUTH," my dad yells from the kitchen.

"DAAAAAAD, J IS BULLYING MEEEEE."

"I AM NOT-" He begins, before he is cut off by our dad.

"JORDAN, STOP BULLING YOUR LITTLE SISTER."

He looks straight at me, and says, just loud enough for me to hear, "You're so dead." Before leaping over the couch at me.

I scream and quickly manage to duck under his outstretched arms and sprint into the kitchen, very quickly hiding behind Dad as Jordan runs in. He glares at me, before sitting down in his spot where his plate is already fixed.

     Dad sighs, "Jordan, why are you chasing Ann around?"

     From behind my dad, my eyes grow wide and I quickly shake my head no at him. A smirk appears on his face.

     "Ann was on call with someone after her stream today and she's being very secretive of who it was so I have suspicions that it was a guy."

     I shoot him a glare, knowing he just opened up a can of worms that I did not want to open up with my father.

     Sure, I have had a boyfriend before, a few actually. But none of them got serious enough for me to think it was worth introducing them to my train wreck of a family.

     And either way, this wasn't a dating type situation anyways, so that didn't matter, but at the mention of boys and me hanging around them, my dad always seemed to hate the idea. J says that it's normal though, so I've learned to deal with it, and my dad's had to somewhat get used to it because of the whole streaming thing.

     He turned towards me, as I quickly decided that the food that he cooked that night was far more interesting then eye contact. It was chicken stir fry.

     "Annie."

     I felt his eyes burning through the side of my head. God, was I gonna kill Jordan later for this.

     "Annie Eloise."

     I began to speak very quickly, "Why is it so bad for me to just be talking to a guy in a friend type of way. I literally stream with him all the time and we're literally just friends and today was the first time we ever talked off stream and I don't see a problem with that."

     I felt his hand rest on my shoulder and turn me around into a hug. I stood there in shock for a moment, more confused than anything else.

     His voice is soft, "Ann, it's okay. I just don't want you to feel like you have to hide anything from me. I know how you are and I trust you to be around good people."

     He lets go of me and I look at my brother to see his expression the same as mine.

     We had both never seen that reaction from him before. It was kind of weird.

     As we all finally sat down to eat, everything continued on as normal. My brother and I talking about what we did today. Obviously I talked about my stream and my brother talked about his gaming and skating endeavors.

     Finally, our dad cleared his throat, his face was serious yet you could see the happiness in his eyes. "So, kids, I have some news for you two. Big news."

     My brother and I both looked at each other because he never really said anything like this to us either. When him and I both look at him again, he smiles.

     "I found myself a woman who I think is the love of my life, and I would like you two to come to a dinner with her and I tomorrow."

     'Oh shit.'

Word Count - 901 words