Chapter 14

"You're wonderfully beautiful inside and out and its a shock to me that anyone could ever dislike you. Ignore her, alright? You don't need that negativity in your life. You're doing great, you're healthy and all is well. You don't need her telling you what to do."

     About a week has passed since I first met Miss Claire. I hadn't seen anything else of her, but Dad still nonstop talked about her, so I knew she was still gonna be around.

     Niki checked up on me frequently, she even gave me her number so I could talk to her easier when I was out and about and I was beyond grateful for all she was doing for me. She truly was an angel. She acted a lot like how I imagined a Mom or a caring older sister would.

     Besides all the things happening in my real life, the plot of the SMP had progressed some, but my character hadn't gotten too involved in it. She did, however, start to become a lot closer to Tubbo though.

     I guess that's something my character and I had in common.

     Today was a big lore stream day for me. It was the day before the festival.

     I sat in my chair at my desk, watching as the sun set on my starting soon screen.

     Suddenly, I also get a discord message from Tommy. I go ahead and open it, confused as he was also supposed to be going live soon.

Tommyinnit

Tommyinnit Hello woman. Would you mind meeting with me during our streams today?

AnitaBreak   Uhh, sure? Is it going to affect the events of today drastically?

Tommyinnit   I don't think so. I talked to Wilbur about it and he said to go for it so I was just making sure you were okay with it.

AnitaBreak   Well then yeah, just message me in game when you need to. I've got a meeting with Schlatt first so If I don't answer immediately, that's why.

Tommyinnit   OK, thank you woman.

     When I glanced back at my starting soon screen, it was just now time to start. I turn on my microphone.

     "Hellooooo chat. Welcome back to the stream. Today's a big day today everyone. How's everyone doing by the way? Good I hope?"

     I watch as the chat whirs by, many people seem to be very excited by the stream and PogChamps fly by.

"Just as a reminder before we actually officially start the stream chat," I begin, changing the scene from the starting soon screen to my Minecraft server list, "This IS all roleplay. Like I've said before, we are all still friends, and none of us actually hate each other, none of us mean what we say to each other if it's harsh. It's all role play and I love all my friends very much. Soooo, with that, let's get into it!"

I click on the server and I'm logged back in at the podium, where I could see all the festival decorations. They were brightly colored and joyful.

     Schlatt wasn't on yet so I began to think about walking around to look at the decorations when someone punches me from behind. I quickly turn around, drawing my sword.

     However, I only see Tubbo, who is crouching up and down sporadically at me. I sigh and I can't help but smile at the innocence of his actions.

     "Chat, we're gonna talk to Tubbo for a little bit while we wait for President Schlatt to get on," I tell chat as I join the VC that Tubbo's in.

     "Hello Annie!" Tubbo exclaims.

     "Hello Tubbo. How're you today?" I ask him, allowing the calm of my character to shine through, even though I wish I could have matched his excitement deep down.

     "I've been pretty good, the festival is tomorrow though and I'm very excited about it. Do you like the decorations by the way?" He seems to talk a million miles a minute. He must have eaten sugar before stream.

     I laughed softly. "The decorations look great. I think the festival will be great because of you. Thank you for all your hard work."

     I hear Tubbo sigh, "Why do you have to be all serious and formal all the time? Schlatt's not around, it's just you and I right now. You have no reason to act like that."

     "Well..." I hesitate for a moment. Honestly, what was keeping my character from doing whatever she wanted when JSchlatt wasn't around? She didn't have to feel like she had to act a specific way all the time. She was still a kid after all.

     But then I remember that she needed to keep up her intimidation factor and if people actually saw her as her age, they wouldn't take her seriously.

     I am about to answer Tubbo when JSchlatt joins and immediately tells me to get in a VC with just him.

     "I'll talk to you soon Tubbo. Keep up your work on the decorations." I tell him, right before I leave the VC.

     I join the VC with Schlatt and as I'm running to the White House where he is, I hear him clearing his throat and... grunting?

     "Thirty-five.... thirty-six.... thirty-seven..."

     Oh thank God, he was just lifting dumbbells or something.

     "You needed to speak to me President Schlatt?"

     I hear him moan, annoyed at the sound of my voice. Clearly it was one of his days where he didn't want to be messed with.

     "Yeah, kid. So. Do you think that everyone who is a part of Manburg is loyal to me?" He questions me, still doing reps.

     I think about it for a second. I honestly couldn't think of any possible people. Everyone seemed at least somewhat okay with it, or at least adjusted to it enough. I shook my head yes in game.

     I hear Schlatt laugh. He laughs harder than I expect him to and it catches me slightly off guard.

    "And I thought Dream sent me a really smart Vice President. You're just as gullible as everyone else. Even Quackity can't see it."

     I visibly take a step back in game, showing my shock at his words.

     "What- are you saying we have a traitor sir?"

     "Oh yeah. We've got a traitor alright."

     I swallow, I didn't even think about the possibility that we did have a traitor in all honesty, but now Schlatt's telling me that we 100% do?

     "Wh.... Who? I don't get it, I've been observing everyone closely and keeping tabs on everywhere everyone goes."

     I hear him laugh again. This time, it's more maniacal.

     "It's Tubbo, kid. And YOU are going to make an example out of him tomorrow."

Word Count - 1123 words