Chapter 34

So all you restless
Each night you hear the drums of war
Awaken, awaken
The voice begins to call you while you hunger
A taste of destiny you're searching for
Awaken, awaken
The fight is at your door, take up the cause

It had been a week since they found and rescued Adelaide.
A week.
Seven days.
168 hours since she had been saved.

Emergency surgery was performed and Adelaide was currently in a coma.
She had yet to wake up.
Her heart had stopped on the operating table due to the severe loss of blood. They had to revive her. Five times.
Ezekiel had not left her side once, just like Lemuel. They had stayed in that room in the hospital ever since.

Ezekiel had not even given her his birthday gift, which still sat in its envelope on the dresser in the room. His transfer papers. He had been admitted for the Peeds program in Miami. He would move to Miami with her and Emily. The proof of his promise. That he would never again leave her, yet she was the one leaving now. With everyday that passed the chances of her waking up were getting slimmer.

He just wanted his Lainy to wake up. He would welcome every scream and cry no matter how heartbreaking. He could work with anger and defeat. He just wanted his Lainy no matter in what kind of shape as long as she was there. She had shown her true self. She accepted all that they had given her. She showed that she loved them without boundaries, without limits.

He was a wreck.

Ezekiel also didn't know what to make of the other man in the room. Yes he was the family of Rebecca, but had he been so close with his Lainy that he also had to be here day and night? The only moments he wasn't present was to shower or handle emergencies, but other than that he was present in Adelaide's room instead of his uncles, which was next door. Rebecca and Aubrey flew out immediately when they heard the news. Heard but didn't believe.
Just as Ezekiel wanted to ask him, the door slid open and in walked Marcus. The man Ezekiel owed everything to.

"Zeke, has North ever talked to you about the program she used?"
"Only briefly, why?"
"I'll give you guys a short run down so you will understand what I had just come across. The program North made is a very intuitive A.I. which tracks down everything through satellite and internet as its main priorities. As soon as something is connected to either, the program can automatically track it. Be it a phone, car, camera, you name it. It is so intuitive that when two different types of data cross, the program picks it up, connects the dots and gives off indications that North can either let run or delete. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?"

Most in the room looked confused. "You're saying that her program is like Iron man's Jarvis?" Lemuel asked.
"Sort of, see it as the alpha version of Jarvis. It can automatically track anyone and anything in the world. But also collect information, data, and hidden paper trails."
"Because of this function, it had found something peculiar of a certain person that was listed as a dangerous target by North and tried to notify her, but since North had no access, the program just kept running. It shows locations, gps data and camera footage storing every bit of information it could find."

"What are you trying to say Marc?" He asked while still holding onto Adelaide's hand and both Ezekiel and Lemuel didn't know how to feel about it.
"Someone sold North out."
Everyone whipped their eyes to Marcus. Anger was written all over their faces.
"Who?" Lemuel asked, insanely calm.
Marcus turned the laptop in his hands around so they could have a look. Shock and Anger were the first two emotions Adelaide's brothers felt, after that came disgust and betrayal.

"Marcus, Julien, please take care of Dells for us, Zeke and I have some business to attend to." Lemuel noted.
Ezekiel grabbed the laptop out of Marucs's hands with the notion that he would get it back and left the hospital.
First thing on their agenda was a family meeting. Lemuel went through every bit of data the program had and came across something remarkable.