chapter 25.75

Ezekiel was ecstatic that they were able to surprise Adelaide with her friends. Rebecca was able to pick them up and drive them over to their home.

As the day leading up to the trial progressed, Ezekiel and Rebecca had numerous conversations about Adelaide.

About the possibility of moving her back to Miami and the options for custody agreements.

Even though Rebecca saw Adelaide as her own child, she knew that being granted custody would be hard for her. But not as hard for Ezekiel.

And after hearing his ideas and plans for his own future, she knew that everything would turn out right.

All Ezekiel had to do was pass the test.

Kyle and Rebecca both got on smoothly with each other.

Aubrey and Adelaide were just happy to be in each other's presence again.

Adelaide told her everything that she hadn't said on the phone.

Her anxiety, the nightmares, her thought process.

Her depressive mental state.

Aubrey hated it. She hated seeing this side of Adelaide. She hated seeing Adelaide so defeated.

They had a long heart to heart.

Aubrey would always be there for her, this she knew. But it was comforting nonetheless that it had been confirmed yet again.

And so the long awaited day of the trial came.

They are in cahoots with one another..... dum. Dum. Dumm.....