Chapter 3.75

Aquila couldn't get the girl 'North' as they called her, out of his mind.

For some reason she looked incredibly familiar.

He just couldn't remember why.

When he saw her again the next morning, he heard her principal call her by her name. 'Aurora Wilson'.

The name Wilson did not ring any bells in his head.

So he thought if he talked to her a bit more, he would know where he knew her from.

Did they go to school together? Did she live in the neighbourhood and since moved to Miami?

When she went off on him, he couldn't help but feel guilty.

He just didn't know why.

He found it even weirder that his father also thought she looked familiar in his eyes.

She hadn't said a word to him. She just looked at him.

When she drove off, Aquila couldn't help the stinging he felt in his heart. Like he got burned from deep within.

"Who was that?" His father asked.

"Some girl from the other school. Why?" Aquila responded.

"No reason. She just looked familiar to me. Anyways ready to go?"

"Yeah."

Saying bye to his friends, he got into the car with his father.

While their driver was driving back home, the pair fell into a conversation of the youngest sibling in the house. Theodore.

"I really don't know what to do anymore with that boy." His father sighed.

"Have you reached out to Candace yet? Maybe if we know how she handled Adelaide, we know how to handle Theo?" Aquila asked.

His father sighed even deeper. "I did. A few weeks ago in fact. I wanted to talk to Adelaide, because I miss her, but your mother said that she wants absolutely no contact with us ever again. I honestly don't know where we went wrong in raising her. I mean you all turned out happy and healthy. Why is it that she was so different?"

"Maybe we should've figured that out before sending her away. I don't know, counselling or something."

"I had thought of that. I was in the middle of getting a psychologist for her, but when the incident happened. I just couldn't look away anymore. She was a danger to all of you. And now the same thing is happening with Theo and counselling isn't helping, because Theo is adamant that he has done nothing of the things he did. I'm starting to be at my wits end with him."

"We'll figure something out dad." Aquila replied.

After the conversation, Aquila went back to his instagram and looked at the pictures of Aurora Wilson's page. Most pictures were with her friends and a few of her tattoo's. Her backpiece looked extraordinary. There was one more picture he looked at. It was her picture from her 16th birthday. She was in it, together with two other women. The caption wrote: 'Aunt Bec and Riri are the best #family'.

For some reason the caption made Aquila immensely sad.