Chapter 9.50

To say Adaline was a carbon copy of her mother, was not completely true. Yes she did look exactly like her mother on the outside. Yes Adaline did inherit the same tendencies as her mother, but one thing was different.

Adaline was different.

Adaline already developed those tendencies as a toddler.

She grew up with it already engraved in her brain.

But Adaline was smarter than her mother.

Adaline knew exactly what to do, when to do it and how to place blame on Adelaide.

Where Candace would easily be caught, Adaline was sneakier.

Adaline was better at the game she invented.

And with the amount of time she invested in making sure her father and brothers adored her to no end, she knew that whatever she did, Adelaide would get the blame.

Adelaide would get the punishment.

But it still was not enough. Even though she took everyone away from Adelaide, she still looked happy.

She still smiled.

Adaline didn't understand.

She had everyone, but she still wasn't as happy.

Adelaide only had the staff and was joyous.

The staff. Beckett and Marie.

The only people Adaline couldn't get to her side, but it didn't matter. No one believed them when they said Adelaide hadn't done it. They all believed Adaline over them.

It still wasn't enough.

Adelaide needed to disappear. Adelaide needed to leave their lives. Permanently.

Adaline knew exactly what to do. And waited till it was the right time.

And the Sunday after their eight birthday was the day.

Everyone was busy. They were either in their rooms, the study or in the garden. The only ones who weren't home were Ezekiel and Lemuel.

Adelaide was in the living room playing with the new dolls she got from Ezekiel and their grandfather. That stupid doll with it's yellow dress was ugly. Adaline hated the doll. She hated the fact that she still got some attention from someone, when that attention was meant to be hers. Hers alone.

Adaline slipped into the kitchen, found what she needed and slipped out. This would be Adelaide's last day in the house. The last day in their lives.

Adaline put her hands behind her back and walked to Adelaide with a big smile on her face. Adaline was so happy she came up with the idea.

Standing in front of Adelaide and smiling down. "What are you doing?" she asked her.

Adelaide stopped playing to look up at her sister. "Look, Kiel got me this. Isn't she pretty?"

Adelaide asked with a goofy grin while standing up to show her sister.

"No. She is ugly. Why would you play with that?"

"I love her, because I got her from Kiel. I like her." Adelaide was still smiling happily no matter what her sister just called her doll.

Adaline stepped closer to Adelaide so she could whisper in her ear.

"They will never like you. I'll make sure of that." Adaline whispered with an evil smile on her face.

Adelaide just looked at her confused.

That was until Adaline brought out her hands from behind her back. One of them held a two tonged meat fork from the kitchen and she raised it above her head.

Before Adelaide could even say or do something, Adaline brought the fork down in a fast motion.

Adaline stabbed the fork.

Into her own hand.

Still sporting a big smile.

Blood was dripping down her hand, but Adaline didn't make a sound. As if it didn't hurt.

Adelaide looked at what happened with shock.

Adaline proceeded to slowly take the fork out of the wound, knowing it would produce more blood to flow onto the floor. She threw the fork at Adelaide's head, immediately scarring her sister just above her eyebrow as she fell to the floor. The used fork fell onto her lap.

As soon as the shock wore off Adelaide started to tear up from both the pain and the horror she witnessed.

Adaline gave the performance of a lifetime. She held her hand in the other close to her chest and started screaming and crying.

She alerted everyone. Even though she was showing pain on the outside, on the inside she was laughing to herself.

Adelaide was also crying in pain, holding the side of her head in her hand.

She could see the family and staff run into the living room. She could see the guns that were in their hands. She started to get dizzy from all the blurriness in her eyes.

That was when Adaline upped her performance more. Crawling into Noah and pointing at Adelaide.

Everyone's anger was automatically turned towards her. Her brothers tried to comfort Adaline while trying to dress the wound before going to the hospital. Ricardo grabbed Adelaide by her arm harshly and dragged her to her room. Adelaide was at this point crying even louder. She still did not understand why they would punish her for her sister's evilness. He opened Adelaide's room, carelessly tossed her inside and locked the door from the outside. Adelaide heard the click and knew she was all alone. She cried and cried into the teddy bear she got from Noah years ago. It was her only form of comfort at the moment.

Adelaide was not let out of the room at all. The only one that came to visit her was the family's butler. Mr. Kyle Beckett or Uncle Beck as Adelaide always called him. As soon as she saw him through the door, she was hesitant. Hesitant whether or not he would treat her the same as the rest of the house. As soon as he gave her a gentle smile, she leaped into his arms and cried louder and louder. Talking in between that she didn't do it. That she had not been a bad girl. Kyle Beckett was one of the only ones that actually believed her. He did not know how that fork came to be in Adelaide's hand, but also believed that Adelaide was not evil. Someone with as kind of a heart as her, could never intentionally hurt someone else.

But this was the moment her life changed. This was the pending moment that she concluded that she was not meant to be happy in this life, was the day her family broke her last remains.

Her father had relinquished custody rights, she was to live with her mother.
Her father broke her heart.
Her oldest brother Noah forcefully put her in the car of their driver.
Her Protective knight shattered the broken pieces.
Her sister smiled as if she had won the world.
Her own twin ripped out the shattered pieces and proceeded to stomp on them.
Adelaide's happiness died 4 days after her eight birthday.

Adelaide's life shattered. And she would remember it all for the rest of her life, in clear detail.

So what do you think of Madam Adaline? Genius? or just plain psycho? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote.

Love Sarah