4.

Taehyun entered the dorm. It’s all peace and quiet. Beomgyu must’ve went out with his friends at this hour. He went straightly to his room as he changed then flopped himself to his bed. He checked his messages and found out that Soobin and Kai made a group chat for the 3 of them.

Taehyun softly smiled at the cute actions of the two, that’s when a notification of Beomgyu popped up.

Hm?

He clicked back to get out of beomgyu and his conversation

He clicked back to get out of beomgyu and his conversation. He scrolled through his apps, not knowing what to do. That’s when he decided to go and text the gc but was stopped by Beomgyu’s message.

Again.

He sighed as he placed his phone down then turned it off to stopped receiving notifications from beomgyu

He sighed as he placed his phone down then turned it off to stopped receiving notifications from beomgyu. He turned to look at the window then the mirror, looking at his reflection.

“Are you doing the right thing, Taehyun?” He asked to himself.

“You seem distracted today, what’s up?” His cousin, Choi Yeonjun asked.

“I don’t know, hyung. I want to express something to Taehyun but he's been pretty distant ever since he met Soobin. I think Soobin talked to him about something from the past..” Beomgyu vented to Yeonjun, trying his best to understand this situation.

Yeonjun clicked his tongue as he nodded. “Hm, I could tell. I saw Taehyun today, I bumped into him as I was heading down to the staircase. He did seem distracted about something.”

Beomgyu looked at Yeonjun, all unaware about what would distract Taehyun these days.

He sighed. “I just wish he would open up to me like before. This is so frustrating!” Beomgyu stretched, sounding really dissapointed.

“It will take time. By the way, what did your father say?” Yeonjun asked, changing the topic.

“Hm.. He said something about me taking over the school.” Beomgyu said, taking a sip from his tea.

“What? Like the whole school?!” Yeonjun exclaimed.

“That’s right.” Beomgyu said but he sighed, he didn’t seem very happy about this but Yeonjun cheered Beomgyu up and said he got this, which cheered Beomgyu a little bit.

But all he needs now isn’t taking over the school or something but

Taehyun.

“I’m back!” Beomgyu softly said, expecting a response from Taehyun but there was none. “Taehyun?”

He looked around then went inside Taehyun’s room, that’s when he saw him, laying down and deeply asleep on his bed. “Cute.”

Beomgyu slowly closed the door, trying his best to not wake Taehyun up.

Beomgyu walked to the couch as he placed his things then the kitchen to go and arrange the groceries. Beomgyu is pretty good at arranging and organizing things so this is like a comfort to him.

Minutes later, he was about to finish when Taehyun walked out of his room. Beomgyu smiled at Taehyun as he showed the groceries. “I got us something. Take whatever you want, hyunnie. Also, I bought you alot of strawberry drinks, I know how much you like that.” Beomgyu said, smiling peacefully at his boyfriend but Taehyun only looked at him, blankly.

Beomgyu then finished up as he threw the mess inside the trash can then walked up to Taehyun, all concerned. “Hey, you okay? You've been so distant and weird lately.. Is this about the secret relationship thing? Y'know you can always talk to me, right?” Beomgyu reassure as he tends to hold Taehyun’s hands but Taehyun only pulled his hands back.

“Hyung, I need to talk to you about something. It has been bothering me and I've had thought about this for quite some time.” Taehyun finally spoke.

“Sure, go ahead, my love.” Beomgyu said.

"I want to start a new life, beomgyu-hyung." He stated, which made Beomgyu shrug it off.

"You told me that a million times and I've had followed it. What am I doing wrong?"

"I want to start a new life. Without you." Taehyun repeated but this time, it's clearly stated and well explained.

Huh?

“W-what do you mean by that, my love?” Beomgyu asked again, trying to figure what Taehyun exactly is talking about.

“Let's take a break.” Taehyun said.

“Wh-what? W-why so sudden..?” Beomgyu asked, holding Taehyun’s hands and trying to hold his tears back.

“It’s not sudden. We’ve been together for 3 years, I don't think we are staying strong anymore. Hiding this relationship is making it worst. I think it's best if we stay friends.... for now. Let’s take a break, hyung.” He repeated as he held Beomgyu's hands back.

“But you were the one who said we should keep this relationship hidden... why are you being like this? what went wrong?” Beomgyu asked, tears running down his cheeks.

“Nothing did. Just agree with this, Beomgyu-hyung. I want to live my life without you.... I'm sorry but I got tired. I swear.. I deeply am sorry, let’s take a break for while, please? just to sort things out and focus on ourselves for a while..”

Beomgyu fell to the ground as he kneeled down, still holding Taehyun. Taehyun let go of Beomgyu’s hands as he also kneeled down, patting and hugging Beomgyu and letting him cry in his shoulder.

There was a heard crying of Beomgyu around the room. He’s devastated and this was really unexpected for him too. They were strong, atleast in his eyes.

Few moments of crying, Beomgyu looked up to Taehyun as he hugged him, tightly. “I’m sorry if ever I went wrong. Taehyun, please.. don’t waste 3 years of us being together. I know this is just a break but I am afraid it'll turns out to not be a break and I don't want to lose it, everything we’ve been through. I can't imagine a day without any of your texts, calls and cuddles. I need you, Taehyun and I love you so much, please... what went wrong?” Beomgyu begged, holding onto Taehyun and not wanting to let him go.

“Hyung, again... Nothing went wrong, okay? We just suddenly went downhill and we’ll be back to talk this out. But as of now, hyung. Let us live our lives on focusing on what we want to do 24/7 than staying with one another's side. We're roomates anyways so we'll still see each other and we will stay friends. Stop crying now, okay?” Taehyun explained as he hugged Beomgyu back.

Beomgyu sighed as he pulled away then smiled at Taehyun and kissed him as if it's the last kiss they’ll ever share.

It’s a tight and genuine kiss. Beomgyu was cupping the youngers cheeks with his hands, not wanting to let him go.

But soon after, he pulled out.

“I love you so much and I understand your decision....” Beomgyu paused as he deeply sighed.

“Fine, let's take a break.”

a/n :
break.. damn.