Chapter 3 Experiments

Thomas, followed what Carter said, and was going to work on the experiment in class with the 4 girls, and the one guy, Tyler. He was nervous, because he never really talked with them before, but they seemed really nice. Probably, apart from Tyler, but he was alright in his own way.

"So... You all working on the school project together?" The teacher asked. Mei nodded happily. The teacher sighed. "Just... make sure you actually do the work this time around. I see that you have Thomas with you, maybe he'll know a thing or two about what we are doing today."

Tyler rolled his eyes. "Nerd..." He said quietly. Thomas looked at Tyler, then back at the teacher not saying a word. He wasn't sure exactly what they where doing to do in the experiment, all he knows is that it's steam related. The teacher walked back to his desk, then walked up to the board.

"Ok class! Today, for the experiment, you will be creating a steam piston out of a soda can, and pencils. Remember to ware your safety goggles, learn new things, and don't forget to have fun." Then, he sat back in his desk.

Miriam turned back towards them. "Ok... steam pistons"

"Those are used in steam trains right?" Mei asked. "Ooh! I remember this one steampunk movie that had killer steam robots!" She said.

Thomas looked at Mei. "Actually, Mei" He started. "They're called steam locomotives. A train, is what the locomotive pulls. They're also called the Steam Engine. The 'Engine' Of the train." Thomas told her. Mei blinked at him. "Oh..." She looked around at her friends. Tyler rolled his eyes. "Dude, your nerd side leaked out, gross."

Thomas's face went red. "I-I I'm... I'm sorry..." He said, looking rather embarrassed. He didn't want anyone there to judge him. Miriam threw her notebook at Tyler's face. Tyler screamed.

"Is everything alright over there?" The teacher called out. "Yes! Everything is fine Mr. Kieslowski!" Miriam yelled out. Abby chuckled. "That's what you get Tyler!"

"Ugh, why am I even friends with you three?!" He said.

Miriam then looked back at Thomas. "I think it's cool how you know about trains. Maybe you'll be able to help us a lot with the experiment."

Thomas was pretty happy that Miriam was accepting, but although he's good at the train knowledge, he's bad at being creative and for him to put the experiment together would take way to long. So, he let them know. "Hey, no one said you had to do everything yourself! That's why we are a group for! We all can work on it"

Tyler rolled his eyes than sat up. "Fine. Let's just... build this steam whatever."

On the table, was some pencils, a tube, soda cans, and a old CD disc. "Ooh..." Abby said. "I wonder if any songs are on this disc..." She said. "Don't worry about that now, let's see how the heck we are going to make it..." Priya said. Thomas picked the cab up, and studied it. It looked as if the stuff was already cut and deigned to be put together to make the steam engine. Thomas then got the thin pencil, inserting it in a whole that was cut in the bottle of the can. It was a prefect fit.

"Is that where we are supposed to place the pencil?" Mei asked. Thomas shrugged. "I'm not sure, but I think so." He showed them the can. "I think the can is supposed to act like a boiler. There is two of the cans here. Each has hole at the bottom enough to fit the pencil." He said, adding the pencil inside it. "Hm... but why is the soda cap gone?" Miriam asked. "On both?" She looked around it.