Emotions !

Rohit formed a huddle and instructed the players about the match scenarios. Mahi and Virat sat in the dressing room watching the match.

Rohit handed the bowl to Jassi and instructed him about the possible options he could go with. Jassi just nodded absent mindedly.

First bowl he bowled was smashed for six. Jassi just wiped sweat off his face. The same happened with other bowls too either they were smashed for 4 or 6. He conceded 30 runs in an over.

Virat was seeing all this from the dressing room.
"Something is wrong with him" said Virat unkowingly forgetting what had happened. Mahi smiled at his caring behaviour towards the kids.

"Yes he doesn't bowl this much loose in first over" responded Mahi.

Jassi was continuously looking here and there to look for Virat when he came to bowl the last over. Virat bhaiya always helped him to understand what batsman was thinking. He had gotten used to him. But He couldn't find Virat anywhere. It was the last ball of the over. He looked into dressing room and found Virat signalling something.

He just catched that signal what he was trying to say. Rohit went to him as he was taking so much time. Jassi bowled the last bowl as Virat's signal and bowled the batsman.

He looked back in the dressing room when he was hugged by his teammates but didn't find Virat there.He was thinking whether he was imagining or it was real.

During the whole first innings Jassi had the worst day. He conceded 50 runs with one wicket in his overall spell. He was also very sloppy on the field. Rohit was also wondering what was wrong with him.

Rohit tired once but Jassi just avoided him and didn't look at him.

They had 190 to chase in 20 overs. The team came in the dressing room. Rohit and KL were padding up. Jassi just went in the corner and sat there with his head buried in his hands.

Rohit went to him before going out. He patted his back and said - "It happens ! It was just not your day" but he didn't received any response to that.

Virat was also observing everything how Jassi looked so dejected. But he could not make himself to go to him.

Throughout the second innings Jassi just sat there staring into nothing. They had won the match. Virat and Mahi left the dressing room and went to the hotel. Mahi just patted Jassi's back in support.

Virat and Mahi were sitting in Virat's room.
"Bhai don't u think something has happened to Jassi ?" Said Virat in worry.

"Yes Cheeku I also felt that." Said Mahi in response to his worry.

"Don't know if everything is fine at his home or something has happened to cause him to be so disturbed!" Said Virat.

"I was also thinking that. Let's ask Rohit or Rishabh  to check on him once they come back" said Mahi

"Now you take rest. Doctor has advised u to rest and not stress ur ankle so much. I hope it is okay since u have given so much stress to it today" said Mahi in worry.

"Don't worry it's not paining. And more important was to go there otherwise Rohit would feel bad" said Virat closing his eyes.
Mahi just patted his head and Virat just leaned into that touch.
                            _____________
Team had arrived to the hotel and Jassi immediately ran to his room wanting to be alone. He literally stumbled his way in. He was drowned in emotions. Was not even aware of his health. He didn't had anything from the time he heard the talks.
He just lay down on his bed crying is his pillow.

Jassi was craving for the love and care of his Virat bhaiya and Rohit bhaiya. But he knew he himself had lost them due to his mistakes. He just lost all the hopes now. He was watching how Rohit and Virat were pampering Rishabh.

Rohit noticed Jassi running into his room. Rohit called Rishabh- "Rishu do one thing .. once u have freshened up do check on Jassi. And tell me what is wrong with him."

"Okay bhaiya" said Rishabh in reply

Rohit first went to Virat's room after freshening up and others went to their to freshen up and take some rest.

As soon as Rohit entered the room Virat and Mahi both said together - "Congratulations Rohit"

"Thank you Bhai and Vi! And also thank you for coming there even when your ankle was paining Vi!" Said Rohit happily.

Jaddu, Bhuvi and Ash also came to Virat's room and asked Virat about how he was. To which Virat answered that he was okay.

Rishabh went to Jassi's room and knocked the door. But Jassi didn't respond. Rishabh tried again but still there was no response.

Rishabh ran back to Virat's room. Rohit asked immediately as Rishabh entered.
"What's wrong Rishu ? Did u check on Jassi ?"

"He is not opening the door bhai. I knocked it but there was no response and he is not in the dining hall also" said Rishabh.

"Let's check on him then" said Virat immediately.

"Vi u rest me and Rohit will check on him" said Bhuvi.

"Rishabh u wait here." Said Rohit.

Rohit went to reception to get the key. Bhuvi was knocking his door to get response. Rohit opened the door with key and they saw a completely dark room.

They found Jassi curled up in a hall on his bed. Rohit went upto him and kept his hand on his back. He felt heat radiating from his body. He touched his forehead and he understood he has high fever.

Bhuvi instantly pulled duvet on him. Rohit tried to wake him up to give him tablets.

"Jassi ! Wake up" said Rohit softly. He didn't get any response apart from shivering and mumbling voices.

"Jassi wake up bacha. U have to take tablets" said Rohit trying once again.

"Virat bhai" mumbled Jassi still eyes closed.

Rohit and Bhuvi looked at each other. Bhuvi tried this time again.
"Jassi wake up bacha" said Bhuvi.

And then after the third attempt Jassi opened his eyes with great difficulty still half conscious. Bhuvi gave him tablet and helped him gulp down the water.

Rohit caressed his head not knowing what had caused for Jassi to be this sick. He remembers that he was fine at the time of practice session.

Jassi just leaned into that touch and again mumbled - "Virat bhai don't leave me plz".

Bhuvi and Rohit didn't know what to do. Just then Virat with others arrived there. Virat came forward and saw Jassi clutching onto Rohit's hand and mumbling- "don't leave me Virat bhaiya"

———————————
Second update in a day !

Fighting my Monday blues with Wattpad stories !

Please drop ur comments !

Not getting enough 🥺

Written in collab with Paleja8