Depressed !

Virat was still not responding to anyone. Dada and Jammy reluctantly left for some work by the board which they could not avoid. They told Mahi and others about it.

"Cheeku please have something! U haven't eaten anything" said Mahi softly

"Please Vi talk to us plz. We are here with you. Please Vi." Said Rohit with moist eyes

But there was no response from Virat's side

"Should we call Doctor to check Virat"  said Bhuvi not wanting to wait any longer to know what is wrong with his best friend.

Everyone agreed and Ash called the doctor.
Doctor came after some time and checked Virat who was still sitting like a statue.

Doctor - "This are early signs of depression. Whatever it is which led to this needs to be solve. If this continues he may go completely in depressed state and it will be very difficult to bring him back"

Listening to that Rohit angrily said - "What the hell are u talking !! Are u listening to yourself ?"

"Rohit calm down" said Mahi

"What calm down bhai ? What nonsense is this doctor speaking about my Vi ?" Yelled Rohit angrily

Ash took the doctor outside and apologised for Rohit's behaviour.

Rohit just could not see this. His best friend who fights with him, whines to get his attention, jealous of others who used to get close to Rohit. Now he is not responding.. his eyes had no emotion. His face was devoid of any expression.

While ro was numb hearing that his brother is in early stage of depression. He wasn't able to believe it. He goes to Virat and tap his cheeks.

Ro with tears : "Vi dekh na yaar ye doctor pagal hogaya hai he is saying that you are in early stage of depression. Usse bol na aisa kuch nahi hai. Tu bilkul theek hai. mujhe pata hai tu theek hai mera bhai thik hai. Usse kuch nahi hua hai. Tu toh humesha se strong tha na toh ab kya hogaya , bol na vi ke tujhe kuch nahi hua hai tu theek hai kuch toh react kar na. Please i cannot see u like this."

Mahi was also in tears listening to that but seeing his one kid in depression and another baccha getting panic he composed himself as both his boys needs him.

Mahi hugged Rohit who was crying looking at Virat.
"Bhai do something plz bhai!" Said Rohit in between tears.

Jaddu got up hearing that and went to the balcony. He just stood there crying looking at the sky. For the first time without any hesitation Jaddu's tears just made its way from his eyes.
Ash came there and took him into a hug.

"Jaddu calm down ! Don't cry plz." Said Ash rubbing his back

"Ash why is this happening? Have u seen Veer he is not at all responding .. what will we do Ash? I am feeling so helpless seeing him like this." Said Jaddu crying.

"I know Jaddu but now we have to help him. We have to think how to get him to respond because it will be very difficult to get him back if he doesn't respond" said Ash.

Jaddu came inside and saw that Bhuvi and Mahi trying to get Virat to eat something.

Ash sat on the chair in the balcony after consoling Jaddu. He himself was in so much shock that Virat, their Virat who was a shield to the team, to them now was battling like this. Why ? Why is this happening?? How will we handle all this ? The strong person he knew is not recognised now.

Bhuvi came there and saw Ash sitting with his head buried in his hands. He sat beside him and said "What will we do Ash ? How will we handle everything? Virat is not responding.. Rohit is breaking bit by bit seeing Virat like this ..? How will we bring back our cheerful friend who screams, who whined to us, who always takes stand for his friends?"

"I have no idea Bhuvi" whispers Ash.

They just sat there silently for sometime and then came into the room. They saw Virat laying down in Mahi's lap and Rohit holding his hand.
As soon as Rohit held his hand and Mahi was patting his head silent tears made through Virat's eyes.

As everyone noticed but no one said anything. It gave a tiny hope as Virat reacted a bit even if he is crying.

"Bhai ! Sab kuch khatam ho Gaya ! Everything is finished !" Said Virat while crying and clutching onto Rohit's hand.

"Aisa nahi hai Cheeku" began Mahi softly but it seemed His voice was not reaching to Virat.

"I could not fulfill my Father's dream. He would be so ashamed of me. He was always there for me but what did I give in return only pain and embarrassment. I am such a bad son. My parents would be thinking now why they gave birth to me .. specially my father .. he would be thinking such a useless child I am that I have destroyed his name" said Virat while crying hard.

Everyone got tears in their eyes listening to that. Mahi was trying to console him but it was not helping so he thought to let Virat pour out his emotions.

"Everything is finished !" Virat kept mumbling this and eventually he slept due to exhaustion.

_______________

Vote and comment the feedback!

See u in next chapter!

Written in collab with Paleja8