Falling Too Fast: Chapter 27

My version of the characters! LIKE IT? HATE IT?---------->

Chapter 27

Ryans POV

It was Aqua's friend Bailey.

What the hell was she doing here. I took a closer look at her and realized she had dried blood on most of her clothes and face, mud also covered her. Basically she looked like a mess. She had scratches on her face and legs and bruises on her neck.

"Y-your Ry-Ryan..?" She asked me. She looked about ready to cry. I didn't blame her.

"Um...ya?" I said more in a question. After I said that she pulled me into a hug and kept mumbling things like 'I'm safe now' or 'I have to talk to her'

I felt so confused. I had never really met her formally, only from what Aqua told me about her. She told me about her mate, Xander, who I got a bad vibe from just listening to her talk about him. I could tell something in her past involves him. And it's not good. But still I didn't know anything about her friend.

So you can see the awkwardness this was bringing to me. She finally let go and looked me in the eye and said, with seriousness, the words I didn't want to hear about now,

"So where's Aqua? I need to speak with her. Urgently."

My family had gathered by now, due to the curiousness of 'who's at the door?' and I could just feel the air in the room tense just by her name.

I couldn't speak. It had just now hit me that she was really missing. I tried to use my voice but I couldnt. I just couldn't. Thankfully my mother spoke up.

"Dear, come inside and clean up and we will discuss things. Please don't ask questions." She said in her 'motherly' voice. It was authoritative yet calming.

Bailey did exactly what she was told and after about an hour she was back downstairs in the den with new clothes and she was cleaned up where we usually held family meetings or pack meets. I was on the love seat with Jordan while Bailey sat with my mother on the couch and my father sat in the leather recliner. The air was tense. We all could sense it.

My father cleared his throat to get our attention. We all looked expectantly at him to continue. Instead of him saying something, he looked at me and nodded his head. I knew what that meant.

It meant that since I was becoming Alpha, I had to take control. I stood up from my comfortable position on the love seat.

"Well Bailey, what we should talk about first is," I looked at her, in the eyes,",why are you here? And what happened before you did?"

She looked at me intently before taking a shaky sigh. "Well I was at home one night and...and someone broke into my parents and I's house. I thought it was a burglar but I realized that..that they were...Weres." Weres? Why would they break into her house?

"A-and they said they weren't burglars when I asked them...So I asked them why they were here then and they said because Alpha Aaron Diamond's daughter is wanted...dead. And of course I did not know who they were talking about...and they..they showed me a picture of the Alpha's daughter...and..it was..Aqua..."

Baileys POV

I got up 'crying' to the bathroom, leaving them shocked at my news. Ha. Suckers. They think that I was kidnapped and attacked, but I wasn't. I actually was the one who set the hit.

That bitch had everything and we almost destroyed it! Almost! But of course the Diamond Pack had freaking reinforcements!

They destroyed our lives! 'Our' being the Saber Pack. We were the deadliest, scariest pack of the U.S. but the Diamond Pack brought us to our knees!

So we decided to attack them and kidnap their precious first child, Aquamarine Diamond. I was set as head of the operation to kidnap the child. I was young, a new Were so I had to prove my worth. I had her too but my help was incompetent and traitorous. The traitor put her into a human hospital and covered her scent. It wasn't until when me ad her first met and became friends, did I realize who she was. She was too young to remember anything. I was punished many times for losing her but now I had her. But then I had to move because a new assignment.

That pathetic pack is still searching for her, but now I have her. Here in this house. Sweet victory. The bitch won't know what hit her.

But then there is that Nick character. He looks familiar but I don't know...much hotter than Xander.

Oh..Xander...he really isn't my mate. He was so stupid to realize it though. Humans...they really will eat anything. I gave him a special herb that clouds the mind to make him think whatever he is told within the hour of eating the herb. It was very easily. I knew he was with Aqua at the time and I got him to do whatever I wanted him, including beating her and being..well an ass. He's really not. But she doesn't believe that.

But now that I have her I can restore him back to normal. Eh, he is a good pet but soooo clingy.

I mentally shrugged. Who cares. I walked from the bathroom to the den where they were discussing me and Aqua.

"We have to tell her.." I heard Ryan, Aqua's mate, told them. Tell me what?

"I don't know...She's very delicate, Ryan." His mother warned. I inwardly snorted, 'delicate'? Ha!

But what are they talking about? I voiced my thoughts as I walked in going back to being 'delicate'.

They looked nervous and Ryan sighed, "Umm..Bailey..Aquas not here.." He trailed off. My jaw dropped.

"Not here?!" I exclaimed. They all flinched but the Alpha. My eyes were returning to their natural red but thankfully I caught them just in time and calmed down. "Where is she then?"

The Alpha was the one to speak this time, "She's been kidnapped."

Someone kidnapped her before me?

Fuckers.

Aquas POV

Xander started to fall asleep at the wheel so I told him to pull over at the gas station we were passing. we switched seats and he said, as we pulled out into the night again,

"Ehhm..Aqua..I'm so tired.." And with that he was out. I sighed. I guess I'm all alone for this drive.

Five hours later of non-stop driving, I was getting tired. It was about three'o clock AM in the morning and the desert was almost behind us.

"Mmm...I'm soo tired. Mommy don't make me go on the Dumbo ride! I don't want to!!" He was screaming in his sleep about a Dumbo ride? Wow. Now this was the Xander I remembered. The sweet one. Man I miss him...

"Dumbo!-Huh? What the? Where are we? And why are you all bruised?" He said with worry lacing through his voice. Worry? Wow. That's new... And did he forget that Nick kidnapped me?

"Umm..Xander what do you remember?" It took him a second to think about it and finally he said, "Only blurry visions. Just some about this girl and me beating up on some girl," I winced at what he said.", but why would I do that? I'm so confused." He doesn't remember anything? What the hell?

"So am I, Xander. So am I..."

©Lovesoreel

Hey I'm soooooooo sorry for the LATE upload! I have been major busy. It's my birthday on Saturday and I have friends coming over and I have to get it ready and stuff! Were you shocked by the whole Bailey thing?! I hope you were! LOL! So do you guys like the new cover?! So ya....this should be like 2 or 3 pages. Thanks to everyone for voting and commenting and fanning! I will try and upload before next Wednesday!

Thanks!

No votes for the next chapter!

VOTE(: