|17| - Painful Decisions

How did I get here?

That's the question I would like answered, I thought as the distant boom shook the building.

I groan as the vibrations sent shocks of pain through my body, my open wound still dripping blood onto the hard concrete floor. My eyes flutter open as the pain slightly clears the fogginess in my brain. My ears were ringing as I slowly sat up, and the pain in my left ear seemed to increase the ringing. My hand brushed numbly against my ear, and I grimace as the pain sharpens and my fingers touch something wet.

"Great," I mutter hoarsely as I see the bloodstain my fingers. 

I grunt in pain as I make my way to sit up, slowly taking in my surroundings. Concreate building, filled with some technology that was offline. Another distant explosion goes off, causing some of the screens to fall from the walls. I was at WICKED, the second location they had. The one we had gone to after we escaped the maze. 

My stomach wound, which seemed to either be a cut or a large gunshot wound, stung as I slowly stood up using the concrete pillar next to me. 

I used my right hand to cover the wound as I leaned against the pillar to catch my breath. 

"AREN'T YOU TIRED EMILIA? DON'T YOU JUST WANT TO REST? I CAN LET YOU REST WITH YOUR FAMILY, YOU WON'T HAVE TO CONTINUE THIS SILLY GAME." I heard Kronos call out from inside my head.

I groan in pain, biting my lip as I stumbled forward towards the closest door.

"Not happening Kronos. I'm not- giving you control. Never." I hiss before I hit the wall by the door. 

I hold my breath as I slowly open the door with my left hand, trying to ignore the pain that ricocheted through my body.

"YOU WON'T WIN EMILIA. I CAN EASILY KILL YOU-"

"You can't you idiot. You may be in my head, but I can still easily see your thoughts. Not to mention, you aren't strong enough to do anything other than increasing my pain. SO go ahead dip shit." I laugh as I open the door and stumble out into the hall. 

He falls silent and I smirk in response, before doubling over as the pain increases. I coughed harshly as my throat tightened up, and blood started coming up. The blood splattered onto the ground as I coughed, leaning against the wall as the blood-colored the white tiled floors. 

I groan as the pain slowly subsides, Kronos losing power over my pain. I close my eyes, trying to ride the black spots from my vision. Another explosion goes off again, causing the building to rumble and shake. I open my eyes when I feet the room tilting slightly, my body slowly leaning away from the wall.

The building was collapsing onto its side, I realized in horror as cracks began to appear in the walls and floor.

A loud snap erupted before my feet slipped to the side, causing me to stumble into the wall on my right. I groan in pain before I force my feet to move forward, despite the pain that shot through my body with each step. 

How had I gotten here? What had happened?

My fingers grabbed onto the doorway as the floor started to give away. I huffed as I pulled myself into the room with both hands, ignoring the warmth leaving my body. I rolled onto the wall as the building tilted even more, to the point where the wall had become the floor. 

Why can't I remember what had happened after I had met with Jorge? Were they here? Were they alright?

I curse as the building jolts, sending rivets of pain through me causing me to cough more blood.

"EMMY?"

I open my eyes blinking as my vision blurs as a part of the building falls down, revealing the sunlight.