|8| - ƬΉΣ ƧΣPΛЯΛƬIӨП

[NEWT POV]

I sighed as I rub my fingers on the locket in my hand, the chain broken. The clashing of the waves hitting the rocks surrounds me as I stare off into the horizon.

I hear Thomas sigh behind me as Sammy walks over with a stone face.

"They made it out, where to I'm not sure. But they did." He muttered as he stepped beside me. 

I scoff and shake my head. My eyes drifted to the locket, the sun shining off the gold reflection of it.

"How? How could they survive?" I ask as I look at them. "Through a tunnel that's flooded with water? Did they swim and we just never saw them? How could they have survived-"

"They did Newt." Ava interrupted as she walked down from the burg.

I turned around and glared at her with tears dotting my eyes.

"How? How would you know!"

She smiled a small pained smile. "As I said before Newt, they-" She paused, "the children they took, they injected them with things. Things that not even I understand. The kids, become stronger and can do things that shouldn't be possible-"

"HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THAT AVA! How do you know that my daughter isn't dead?" I yell.

She pauses before she looks over at Thomas and sighs. "Because, years ago, WICKED managed to take two children from them. We didn't know this at the time, we didn't notice the difference between them. But-"

"Spit it out Ava, we need to know so we can find them damn it!" Minho stepped forward. 

"Olympus wanted to become Gods Newt. And they needed subjects, so they could take the serum safely and be Gods." She said looking at me again. "They've perfected it, and it's almost ready, and Emmy and Benny are the last ones they needed. Newt, Emmy is alive and stronger than you think."

I stare at her before tightening my grip on the locket. 

"WICKED, you said they got two. Who?" I ask.

She purses her lips. "A set of twins, one boy, one girl."

"Who Ava?"

"Thomas and YN."

(BΣППY PӨV)

I stare down at my reflection on the side of the river. My eyes flashed bronze every now and again. I sighed before standing up and walking back towards where we had stopped to eat and drink from what we had gathered. 

"Got tired of looking at your face?" Leo said with a smirk on his face. 

I roll my eyes, "At least it's better than looking at yours."

He glared at me. "My face is better than yours is. I can't help that you're jealous of my burning good looks."

"Ha, burning good looks, the only thing that's burning here is your tiny brain-"

His eyes flash a fiery orange as he jumped from his spot and glared up at me while I smirked down at him.

"Annabeth they're fighting again!" Piper called out.

"Both of you stop fighting. Sit down and apologize." Annabeth said as she stood up from beside Percy. "Now."

I sigh loudly and look back down at Leo. He lightly glares up at me, his eyes no longer that firey orange that I had seen. 

"I apologize for calling your face ugly." He muttered as he turned away.

I smirk and shrug. "You too, you aren't that bad looking. And you aren't stupid."