|16| - A Different Life

}EMMY POV{

My throat burned as I reached the outskirts of the Last City. I could feel eyes on me as I walked through the streets, hearing the whispers as people stared at me.

From my memories, I could tell that I was close to where Marcus was. Where his club helps drug kids to get taken to WICKED. But the feeling of eyes on me was unnerving. With each step I found myself getting the idea of looking over my shoulder. I silently glanced around, meeting eyes as I tried to find the right building. My feet tapped the ground with each step, my hands grasping my knife in my belt. The knife that Luke had before he disappeared.

I breathed in steadily before pulling the knife out of my belt, holding it so that the cold blade rested against my arm. I walked steadily towards the sound of base buzzing through the air, and the buzzing in the ground. The familiar face of Marcus made me cringe as he was kissing a girl by his side.

I inhale sharply as the smell of alcohol stings my nose, and I blink a few times before approaching him.

"I need to have a word with you," I state as I stop in front of his table, his face attached to the girl's neck.

He slowly drifted from the girl, turning towards me with a disgusting smirk on his face. "And what would a girl like you need to have a word with me for?"

I smile thinly as I tighten my grip on my knife.

"I need directions. To a man named Jorge, I'm sure you know of him."

He hummed as he looked me up and down. "Jorge. Yes, I know of him."

"Then if you would be so kind, I would like the directions to his establishment," I say steadily, trying to resist gagging at both the way he smells and the way he's looking at me.

"And what would I get out of it?" He asked, smirking at me as he leaned forward.

I smiled kindly. "You get to keep your life."

His face freezes for a moment before a loud laugh erupts from him. His disgusting breath fanning through the air, making me openly cringe at the smell.

"You couldn't even make a mark on me little girl. Let alone kill me." He sneered before I lifted my brow slightly.

My hand lifted up, quickly punching him across the face, slicing the knife across his cheek as my hand pulled back. His eyes widened as I stabbed the knife into his leg, my eyes narrowing.

"I believe you will find that I am quite capable of killing. So you better take my offer before you end up being nothing but a rotting carcass." I smirk darkly at him, before smiling as if I didn't have my knife in his leg. "Oh and, I would also be taking Bertha since you so rudely spoke to me. Understand?"

He nodded his head rapidly, whimpering out a quiet yes.

"Thank you for your cooperation." I hiss before sliding the knife out of his thigh.

{YOUR POV}

|THE ORIGINAL WORLD|

I stared at Luke, who seemed to be in shock from waking up. His gaze remained on the ocean as I took a seat beside him. 

"How are you today Luke?" I ask gently as I turn to the ocean.

He huffed and shook his head. "Still . . . adjusting to things. Not quite used to being alive again. Not really feeling like I'm truly me again."

"What do you mean?" I ask as I look at him. 

He sighs before shaking his head. "Why are you even talking to me? You know what I've done, so why are you being kind to me?"