Kara Royster

Let's pretend that Chloe doesn't have her cast on anymore but has a boot but can walk on it okay thank you

Chloe's pov
So I just got up...

And I didn't want to listen to what I just heard this early. It's too early for that shit. I hear dad talking on the phone with someone. He's talking about hooking up with this girl name Kara. The same bitch from yesterday.

I wait until he ends the call and I walk in the kitchen. "So what are you doing with Kara later on? Hooking up?" I smirk at him as I hop on one leg to get some water. "That's none of your business" he tells me. I roll my eyes. "So you're just going to pretend that I didn't hear what you said on the phone to Kara?"

"Yes, now don't say anything" that's when mom walks in. "Chris is going to meet up with Kara" I tell mom. She nods her head and I know this is going to end bad. "I know Chris. I've known since day one" mom says standing in front of me.

I was still on my one leg cause I was too lazy to get my crutches or wheelchair. "Oh shits about to go down" I whisper but mom hears it. She lifts me up and sets me down on the counter still standing in front of me.

"I don't know what your talking about" he says. Bullshit. "So what Chloe heard this morning was in her dreams?" I'm smiling behind her back. This is funny but not at the same time. "Yeah, she's always dreaming" he tells he.

"You really believe her?" He looks over at me. "Yes I do, she's my daughter" I hug mom from the back cause I'm getting tired of this. So I lay my head on her shoulder. "Now get out, you can come back later to get your shit and sign the papers" she says in a brave voice.

"Fine" he leaves slamming the door. She turns around to see if I'm okay. "You okay bubs?" She looks over me and I nod. "Yeah...are you?" I whisper hoping she still heard me. "I have you and Rose and that's all I need so I will be just fine".

I think that she's lying. She probably is. I know damn well that she's not okay inside. "I'm sorry" I whisper hugging her. "It's okay, it's not your fault" she rubs my back. "Why are people yelling?" Rose ask walking downstairs. "It's not bunt don't worry baby" mom picks her up and sets her down next to me.

"So what would you girls like for breakfast?" Mom ask us smiling. She good at hiding her emotions but I'm also good at seeing right through her. "Pancakes!" Rose shouts making her laugh. "Alright, why don't you go watch something on the tv while I make you girls breakfast" mom suggests putting Rose down on the floor.

"Okay, pancakes" she tells herself forgetting I'm still here. She gets all the ingredients she needs then stops looking out the window. "Mom?" She jumps a little totally forgetting I'm here. She turns around and I see tears falling down her cheeks.

"Want me to make the pancakes?" She wipes her tears away and shakes her head. "It's okay, but do you want to help me?" I nod my head. She walks up to me helping me down. "Okay, so you can crack the eggs while I do this" I nod and do my job.

I hop around the kitchen putting the egg shells away. I put on some music on my bluetooth speaker so lighten up the mood. It definitely worked. She's now laughing and having fun. She threw flour at me making her die of laughter.

"Rose! Pancakes are ready!" I shout and hear little footsteps. "Yummy" she sits down waiting patiently for them to arrive. We bring some pancakes to the table and start eating. "Where's dad?" Rose ask making mom freeze.

"Out" she simply says making Rose confused. "Can we go to the carnival?" Rose runs out of the room and brings back a paper. She shoves it in moms face. "Is that what you want to do today?" Rose nods her head. She looks at me and I nod. I guess it wouldn't hurt.