Chapter 50: Majarlika

This is the final chapter of Maj and Grale's story.  Thank you so much for allowing me to take you to a one summer where I, myself, found a love so peaceful, so simple, and so deep. Sana natagpuan niyo rin sa istoryang 'to ang ganoong klase ng pagibig.

Magmahal lang tayo nang magmahal.

_______________________________________________________________________

Majarlika De Luna

Hi, Grale!

I don't know why I'm writing you this now, but as I watch you sleeping soundly beside me, there's this urge in my chest to write you a letter.

Noong bago kita makilala, wala sa plano ko na magmahal. I know my condition. I know what it requires. I know what's at stake the moment I let someone enter my life. Kuntento naman ako na magisa at masaya ako sa mga taong nasa paligid ko. But then I met you that one summer. At first, I just wanted to give you the best service of our resort, but at that moment, I saw that what you needed was a friend, someone who's a breath of fresh air to you. Kaya ginusto kong maging kaibigan mo. It was and still is the happiest summer of my life.

When you told me you had to leave the resort to return to your celebrity life, fear crept in me. Kasi alam ko gusto na kita. Gustong gusto na kita. Ayaw kitang umalis no'n, Grale. Pero hindi naman ako pwede maging selfish dahil hindi ka sa akin. Hindi kita pagmamay ari at kitang kita ko sa mga mata mo na mahal mo ang mundong ginagalawan mo. Akala ko hindi ka na babalik kaya nasaktan ako. Pero mali pala ako. Kasi bumalik ka. And that made me finally fall for you.

I may not be the first girl you have loved, but I know that you have loved me the most, Grale. Because Not once you failed to show me that. You make me feel enough. Pinaramdam mo sa akin na mahal mo ako sa lahat ng paraan na alam mo at sapat na 'yon sa akin. I don't want anything anymore, Grale. I just want a life with you in it. To see you achieving all your dreams and watch you do what you love to do.

Alam ko, Grale. Na sa bawat gabing tulog ako, gising ka para bantayan ako. Na sa bawat ngiting pinapakita mo sa akin, may takot din sa dibdib mo. Nagpapakatatag ka lang para sa akin dahil ayaw mo nang madagdagan pa yung dinadala ko. I'm really, really sorry, Grale. 

Kung umabot man sa punto na wala na tayong magagawa, please know that I acknowledge all your efforts. At malaki ang pasasalamat ko na hindi ka napagod alagaan ako. Hindi ka napagod pasayahin ako. Hindi ka napagod intindihin ako. Hindi mo ako sinukuan hanggang sa huli. I'm so grateful that it's with you I'm with in this journey. Walang papantay sayo.

I want more time with you. I want more memories with you. More kisses and hugs and places to be with you. I wish I could lie forever in your chest and listen to your heartbeat together with mine. I wish I could hold your hand more when you're happy, sad, and scared to let you know that I will always be here for you. But I'm sorry I have to leave you like this, baby. I'm sorry you have to endure everything for my sake. I'm sorry I don't  have more time left with you.

I'm not scared of dying, Grale. I have accepted it way long, long ago. But what scares me is the possibility of being forgotten by you. I don't want to be just a mere memory for you, Grale. Pwede bang maging selfish na lang ako? Pwede bang ako na lang ang mahalin mo? Pwede ba na kahit wala na ako, ako pa rin? Pero hindi naman pwede 'yon, diba. Kasi hindi ko rin naman kaya na mabuhay ka sa lungkot. You deserve to be happy, Grale. You deserve all the beautiful things in life because you are one.

I just wish I had met you sooner, baby. But even though our story was short lived, it's worth all the wait.

So, don't worry about me anymore. I will be fine. You will be fine. Maybe not soon, but someday you will be.

I will watch over you. I will wait for you to wherever lifetime that there is again for us.

Watch more sunrises for me, okay.

Till next summer with you?

I love you, my superstar. My love. My everything.

Always and beyond forever.

Your Angel,

Majarlika.

*****

#Unedited